Mozilla Corporation is the non-profit-backed technology company behind pioneering brands like Firefox, the privacy-minded web browser, & Pocket, a service for keeping up with the best articles online. More than 225 million people around the world use its products each month.
Along with 60,000+ volunteer contributors & collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporations staff are driven by our mission to ensure the internet is a global public resource, open & accessible to all. We design, build & distribute open-source software that enables people to enjoy the internet on their terms.
About this team & role:
Fakespot is now part of Mozilla, where our mission to bring trust & transparency back to the eCommerce space is now aligned with ensuring the Internet is a global resource, open & accessible to all. Fakespot leverages machine learning, & other state-of-the-art technologies to detect spurious product reviews & vendors so consumers can make informed purchasing decisions based on real feedback by real people. Fakespot also facilitates the shoppers decision making process by utilizing language models to interactively summarize & highlight product features.
At the Fakespot team, you will have the opportunity to play a crucial role in bringing trustworthy tools to millions of Firefox & Fakespot users. By joining our team, you will be at the forefront of ethical & responsible AI, & contribute to a trustworthy Internet.
What youll do:
- Apply statistical & machine learning techniques to process & analyze unstructured textual data
- Develop & finetune machine learning models for tasks such as entity recognition, classification, & text generation
- Utilize pretrained language models (e.g. GPT, LLAMA) & adapt them for specific use cases
- Optimize the models for production usage, including considerations for scalability, latency, & resource
- Monitor & refine deployed models for performance & efficiency, & conduct troubleshooting when necessary
- Work closely with interdisciplinary teams to deliver high-quality features & solutions
- Stay current with advancements in NLP research, methodologies, & best practices
What youll bring:
- A bachelors degree in Statistics, Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a quantitative role, ideally as a machine learning engineer or a data scientist
- Knowledge of & experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Proficiency in a data query language (e.g. SQL), & a programming language (e.g. Python)
- Demonstrable experience with the full lifecycle of machine learning models - from development to deployment & monitoring
- Being an excellent team player with a proven ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, showing a high degree of collaboration, flexibility, & respect for diverse perspectives
- Commitment to our values:
- Welcoming differences
- Being relationship-minded
- Practicing responsible participation
- Having grit
Bonus Points For
- An advanced degree (master or PhD) in a quantitative field
- A deep understanding of deep learning, reinforcement learning, & natural language processing
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure, & familiarity with related machine learning services
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, or similar
- Demonstrated prior experience with large language models, & generative AI
- Enthusiasm in bringing trust to the e-commerce platforms & beyond
What youll get:
- Generous performance-based bonus plans to all regular employees - we share in our success as one team
- Rich medical, dental, & vision coverage
- Generous retirement contributions with 100% immediate vesting (regardless of whether you contribute)
- Quarterly all-company wellness days where everyone takes a pause together
- Country specific holidays plus a day off for your birthday
- One-time home office stipend
- Annual professional development budget
- Quarterly well-being stipend
- Considerable paid parental leave
- Employee referral bonus program
- Other benefits (life/AD&D, disability, EAP, etc. - varies by country)
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open & free is better than closed & controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform & help create more opportunity & innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, & belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices & forms of knowledge are crucial to & enrich the companys core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized & Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, & expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, & to receive other benefits & privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle & texture), religion (including religious grooming & dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2287
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.