Pure Storage Acquired Portworx in October 2020, Creating the Industry's Most Complete Kubernetes Data Services Platform for Cloud Native Applications. This acquisition represents Pures largest to date & our deeper expansion into the fast-growing market for multi-cloud data services to support Kubernetes & containers.
Press Release - September 16, 2020
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays & in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Portworx, the fast growth Cloud Native Business Unit at Pure Storage is hiring a Director of Demand Generation. Portworx enables digital transformation at Global 2000 companies such as T-Mobile, Kroger, Comcast, DreamWorks, Royal Bank of Canada, Roblox, Lufthansa, & Audi. These companies are launching transformative applications rapidly on cloud native & Kubernetes platforms in which Portworx is a market & technology leader.
This role will lead all aspects of demand generation that create qualified leads & sales opportunities across multiple channels through creative, technology-rich & global marketing programs for the Portworx business. The Director of Demand Generation is a management role within the Portworx marketing team. The ideal candidate will
- Develop & execute comprehensive, multi-touch integrated demand generation programs that drive & accelerate pipeline & account acquisition.
- Be a creative thinker who enjoys complex problem solving, an adaptive doer who thrives on business results, & an inspiring manager who builds winning teams.
- Bring a growth hack mindset, with
- willingness to try & adopt new technologies,
- an ability to design programs to grow lead flow with a clear understanding of opportunity & customer acquisition costs vs customer value
- a data-first approach to continually measure & optimize performance & improve conversion & ROI.
- Develop, execute & monitor paid search, display, content syndication, digital media, webinars, email marketing, & other programs.
- Work closely with Pure Storage global & theater marketing & partner with field teams consisting of sales development, direct sales, & partner sales.
- Work with our marketing stack (e.g., Marketo, SFDC, Outreach, etc) for accurate program execution, including sourcing, attribution, nurturing, routing to sales development, understanding conversions, analyzing the results, & thus improving the program
- Monitor, analyze web traffic & campaign effectiveness. Initiate development of A/B & multivariate testing of site content & design to maximize search engine results & traffic conversion.
- Measure performance of the entire program & report on it.
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 5+ years of demand generation marketing experience in enterprise software
- Experience developing & executing modern B2B demand gen programs in SaaS or Freemium / Free trial go-to-market approaches
- Ability to lead & participate in strategy development as well as be a hands-on operator
- Exceptional communication & collaboration skills, both at the executive level & with peers & cross-functional teams.
- Can clearly articulate ideas, frame problems & offer solutions.
- Very good understanding of marketing insights derived from attribution models, customer database mining, & other sources of customer insight
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws & regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.