About Us: Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories, & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Team: The Sr. Director, Operations Finance is the finance business partner to the Chief Supply Chain Officer at Rent the Runway. Supply Chain at RTR covers fulfillment center operations including our sites in Secaucus, NJ, & Arlington, TX; our fully remote customer service team of more than 150 agents, all parcel/non-parcel transportation including forward & reverse logistics, & garment inventory performance. The Senior Director, Operations Finance reports through the finance organization & will lead Financial Planning & Analysis for the Operations business area, working closely with other finance & Financial Planning & Analysis functions to develop & communicate annual & long-range budgets, forecasts, & monthly performance.
About the Job: The focus of this role is cost forecasting & performance reporting as it relates to every angle of Operations influence. Youll lead a team of managers & partner with the heads of fulfillment, customer service & transportation in order to understand trends, forecast future spend & measure performance with a strong attention to detail. By way of first class management reporting, diligent analyses, & strategic modeling, you & your team will play a key role in partnering with the business & informing leadership of actual & projected performance in Operations. You will provide insight to key variances, analyze business trends, changes, & new initiatives in a fast-paced & highly collaborative, cross-functional environment. As the operations expand, youll partner with the head of fulfillment center design & construction to develop & track capital plans for the expansion of capacity & team with the head of garment science to maximize the return on our investment in garments, accessories & other units rented or sold.
What Youll Do:
- Lead the Operations function within FP&A, partnering with the Chief Supply Chain Officer & other key stakeholders in the Operations business area
- Lead the long-range plan & annual operating budget process for the Operations function, including Operations Capital Expenditure planning
- Track & report on performance relative to budget & forecast through detailed variance analysis
- Manage ongoing rolling weekly & monthly forecast updates for the Operation, including Labor planning for fulfillment & customer service, Shipping planning, & other Operations-related expenses
- Establish, track & monitor key operating metrics used to drive the Operation to greater efficiency
- Collaborate with operating & data science teams & provide fact-based recommendations that support targets & improve profitability, operating efficiency & effectiveness
- Be responsible for identifying & leading key initiatives that drive efficiencies, savings, & process reliability within the finance & accounting functions
- Minimum of 10 years financial or controllership experience.
- You have a strong financial & analytical background having overseen controllership for large manufacturing and/or fulfillment operations in a Finance or FP&A capacity
- You have strong leadership & mentorship skills & have led a team of financial analysts/controllers in support of physical operations.
- You maintain & continue to develop your skills in reporting & analysis using tools like Excel, Google Sheets, Tableau & SQL.
- You work well with a breadth of support functions including engineering, operations, customer service, transportation, accounting & data science to package & evaluate financial performance.
- You have a strong executive presence & can communicate as well to a senior leadership team as you can to the front line leadership.
- You are highly motivated & willing to take on multiple responsibilities at once & are able to work comfortably under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
Benefits: At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.