At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
The Privacy Engineering team works with teams all across the company to make sure that products & services protect drivers & riders privacy by designing architectures that reduce the exposure of user data & ensuring appropriate protections are applied to our data. Our mission is to build technology & guidelines to ensure Lyft collects, stores, validates usage, & provides access to data in ways that align with our privacy policies & laws, with the goal of building trust with our customers & achieving privacy excellence.
- Design, build, & maintain systems that enhance privacy across the organization
- Advocate for user privacy throughout the organization, consult with engineering teams throughout the software development lifecycle, & escalate potential privacy concerns
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Share knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, & evangelizing appropriate tech & engineering best practices
- Build & maintain distributed systems that attach personal data annotations to various data sets
- Build systems to redact personal data from data stores, logs, & APIs
- Build systems so users can exercise their privacy rights
- Build systems for auditing & compliance
- Partner with teams across Lyft on organizational privacy initiatives
- Passion for privacy
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming languages (e.g., Python, Java, Go)
- Proficiency in databases, including analytical (e.g., DynamoDB, Redis, Presto, Aurora etc.)
- Experience developing distributed systems
- Experience building scalable data pipelines leveraging Airflow scheduler/executor framework
- Ability to write thorough, scalable, & clear design documentation
- Experience designing & deploying high performance systems with reliable monitoring & logging practices
- Ability to learn & research new technologies rapidly, analyze systems for privacy impact & build scalable solutions to tackle problems
- Strong collaboration, communication, interpersonal, & organizational skills
- Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders (Compliance, Legal, Product)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.