Help us build & redefine our IT system.
At CB Insights, we build software that predicts business & technology trends. We are seeking an IT Ops Lead to join our team & support our growth. The ideal candidate is a skilled technologist who loves automating IT operations, while delivering brilliant customer service & enjoys working with similar-minded colleagues in a collaborative, small-team environment.
This person will lead the efforts to redefine our IT systems & procedures. You will be working with both Mac & Windows operating systems, GSuite office tools, JumpCloud for SSO, & JAMF for mobile device management. This role mostly hands-on but there will also entail leading & another engineer, & possibly growing out the team further in the future!
Because of our size & current rate of growth, this person will have substantial opportunity to shape our system & our operations.If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you!
- Main point of contact for IT support.
- Manage & scale IT Ops along with business need
- Procure & manage equipment at CB Insights.
- Onboarding, offboarding, & daily support of internal users.
- Owner of the IT service desk, ensuring that the ticketing system works smoothly & that tasks are routed to the right person.
- Continuous improvement of documented IT procedures & policies.
- Incorporate DevOps principles like automation in your workflow.
- Develop a customer-centric culture, build relationships with internal business customers, & other groups within Engineering.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- 7+ years working on an IT Ops team including 2+ years in a leadership capacity
- 7+ years experience with Mac & Windows operating systems.
- Experience with networking equipment like Ubiquiti, Cisco or HP.
- Experience managing & working with the Atlassian product suite.
- Experience working with & managing G-Suite & JumpCloud for SSO.
- Experience with computer management & MDM using Jamf & Microsoft Intune.
- Experience with inventory management using Snipe-IT or similar product.
- 3+ year/s Scripting experience (Bash/Python/Powershell).
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- Solid working knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, NAT, firewalls) & related architecture & design concepts.
- Working knowledge of basic network security & principles.
- College degree required, CS degree preferred.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder.
- 4H's: Happy, Helpful, Humble & Hungry
Perks & Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental & vision insurance
- 401K with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Happy, Helpful, Humble, & Hungry: Check out more about our company culture here.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!