OwnBackup is a leading cloud-to-cloud backup & restore vendor. We provide secure, automated, daily backups of SaaS & PaaS data as well as sophisticated data compare & restore tools for disaster recovery. Our solution complements the SaaS vendors (e.g. Salesforce) built-in data-protection mechanisms by covering data loss & corruption caused by human errors, malicious intent, integration errors, & rogue applications. The solution also provides enterprises with the performance & reporting required to meet compliance regulations in a number of industries.
OwnBackup was co-founded by data-recovery, data-protection & information-security experts, each with over 15 years experience in their respective fields. We are a top-ranked backup & restore ISV on the Salesforce.com AppExchange, the 2018 Salesforce Appy award winner, & the winner of multiple Demo Jam awards.
We believe that every employee in the company can & should make an impact every day, & we empower them to do so. If you are self-motivated, like to take initiative & are a great team player you will love working here.
We are looking for a driven & detail oriented Technical Account Manager to join our excellent dynamic team that supports our customers primarily in the Salesforce.com ecosystem. You will have responsibility for a small number of assigned accounts, maintaining a single-minded focus to ensure clients are extracting the most value out of the OwnBackup platform. The TAM will have a track record in translating complex technical issues into tangible solutions. Collaboration with our most strategic customers is a primary responsibility, demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of the OwnBackup platform. You will forge relationships with your customers, developing a deep technical understanding of their Salesforce implementation, share technical best practices & act as point of contact for any major incidents, managing the customers expectations & communications through a resolution of such incidents.
The ideal TAM is a team player, enjoys working hard, exhibits professionalism, is dedicated to meeting & exceeding expectations, building relationships, has excellent collaboration skills, is able to learn new technologies quickly & uses their time efficiently. The TAM will likely be required to travel to customer sites & may need to be available for some after-hour or weekend coverage depending on the customers needs.
- Attain Trusted Advisor status by developing relationships with key stakeholders, site owners & administrators.
- Work closely with the customer to prepare for any project, risk assessments, annual DR exercises, audits, etc.
- Provide proactive Communications in the event of a service degradation or disruption.
- Conduct regular checkpoint calls with the customer to review OwnBackup releases, performance trends, status of support cases & key projects.
- Responsible for the coordination of cross-functional resources (from Support, Engineering, Client Services) to support the customers with the resolution of technical issues.
- Provide timely account or issue executive level summary status reports both internally & to the customer.
- Contribute & collaborate internally to the Salesforce team, share knowledge & best practices with team members, contribute to internal projects & initiatives & serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for specific technical or process areas.
- Work with engineers on the design, deployment & continuous improvement of important infrastructure services (i.e. logging, monitoring & alerting)
- Have a strong interest in growing your career & participating in our internal training programs & mentorship initiatives.
- BA/BS Degree (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in one or more of the following: Technical Support, Technical Account Management, Project or Program Management, Development, or Technical Services/Architect roles.
- Previous experience as a hands-on technologist preferred - in a Solution Architect or Technical Support Engineer role
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, & perform effectively under pressure.
- Experience with cloud computing technologies; Salesforce, Mulesoft, Informatica, enterprise application integrations, databases, security, performance & scalability
- Experienced with providing consulting or support to large scale, enterprise level accounts with technically complex configurations & high volumes of transactions/load
- Ability to effectively lead efforts to manage complex customer requests & escalations within a cross-functional team
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate & influence at all levels of an organization, including executive level
- Aptitude for both analyzing technical concepts & translating them into business terms, & for mapping business requirements into technical features.
- Salesforce certifications are a plus