Taboola is looking for a smart, driven Marketing Manager to lead Marketing activities in Japan, one of Taboolas fastest growing markets. This role comes with the expectation & opportunity to grow a long-term career path in Marketing & in Taboola. You will take on the full lead of positing & growing the Taboola brand in the Japanese market. You will be a part of the larger APAC Marketing Team who sit in Bangkok, & report directly to the head of APAC Marketing (also Bangkok-based). In addition, you will be an essential part of Taboolas global Marketing team, who sit in Tel Aviv, New York, London, etc. You will work directly with all the Japan team, especially the Country Manager of Japan, as well as the Japan marketing agency who will support you. Were looking for a candidate with extreme attention to detail, superior skills in English & Japanese, & an ability & passion to position Taboola to the Japan market.
Responsibilities & skills:
Develop & execute a Marketing Plan for Japan:
- Develop the marketing strategy & plan for Japan to drive regional business growth & maximize immediate & long-term ROI
- Generate leads by planning & coordinating events (online & in-person) & paid media campaigns
- Plan & execute customer retention activities including hosted events & gifting
- Lead Japan campaigns/activities from end-to-end including conception to defining objectives, execution, tracking, & reporting
- Develop a deep understanding of Taboolas product positioning, core advantage & unique offering in order to best represent the company to different kinds of external audiences
SNS (Social Media) management:
- Own & manage the content calendar for the Japan market & maintain the Japan Blog, newsletters & social media channels, working with the Japanese agency & the global Content team at Taboola (New York-based)
Create marketing messages to shape Taboola Japan (copywriting)
- Craft compelling & professional marketing messages to communicate to a B2B audience (on SNS, for stage presentations at Martech events, for Sales materials, etc)
- Localise marketing materials such as product updates, sales presentations, data & vertical-specific materials & market insights for internal & external use
- Write press releases, using suitable PR language, in Japanese. Work with the Global PR team (New York) on the content.
Coordination of interviews with clients & partners:
- Own, manage, & coordinate interviews with clients & partners to build Taboola awareness.
Collaboration with Stakeholders:
- Collaborate effectively with multiple stakeholders from marketing & sales to understand business goals, create marketing plans & execute marketing objectives in a timely manner.
- 5+ years of experience in leading the Marketing/Content/PR strategy in Japan, preferably for a B2B company
- Deep knowledge of the digital world in Japan, the digital marketing industry & the landscape of Taboola competitors in Japan
- Experienced in creating marketing materials in professional Japanese for event presentations, PR, SNS channels, web pages, & other channels
- Experienced in operating owned media & SNS
- A network with Japanese publishers, advertisers, & PR agencies in Japan
- Native Japanese speaker & fluent in English
- An innovative self-starter with the willingness to look for new ways to achieve goals
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- A team player & comfortable to work with a high degree of autonomy in an ever-changing startup environment
- Comfortable with remote working in an international environment
- Late hours will be needed sometimes, given that some of the team is New York-based