Were looking for a Software Engineer who is eager to demonstrate technical acumen, writes quality code & enjoys working collaboratively with different teams.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers & marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers & bring news & information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges & shifts in the market. As a result, weve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, & Meredith Corporation among many others.
Heres What We Want
- Leaders: You know how to work with a team of engineers, mentoring & guiding junior members of the team, as well as leveraging your own knowledge & experience to make sound decisions
- Problem Solvers: You are tenacious at finding solutions & find creative ways to solve problems while working with others amicably & presenting your viewpoints
- High Standards: You enjoy designing, writing, & testing high quality scalable code, within a robust CI & CD DevOps tooling culture
- Knowledge Hungry: Learning new frameworks & languages is exciting to you youre not satisfied with the status quo. We use a variety of languages & tools to solve problems & we're interested in what you're looking to learn. Were always open to new ideas thats how we got where we are today, & we need more!
Heres What Youll be Doing
- Youll be working on cutting edge programmatic ad tech that touches millions of users every single day
- Youll have very cool projects to work on & fascinating problems to solve
- You will see your code in action every day & you definitely wont be bored in this role
- Designing, writing, & testing robust & reliable code
- Working with users of the software to deeply understand the domain & identify opportunities for improvements
- Finding practical technological solutions to problems
- Analyzing & estimating work in an agile environment
Heres What You Have
- 2-3 years of experience as a Software Engineer
- A desire to work with & learn from the people around you we greatly value people & interactions
- Excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to think differently, & an understanding that compromise, negotiation & practicality are important qualities
- Experience working with Linux environments, resilient & scalable platforms is an asset
- Knowledge in any of the following are assets:
- Golang, C++, Perl, Python & Scala
- Kubernetes, Kafka, Docker, Aerospike
Were looking for the right combination of personality & ingenuity to push our product to the max, inspire those around you & have fun doing it.
Heres Why Youll Love Working Here
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, & respect
- We don't have a dress code & offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, & 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental & paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
Each member of the IX team is expected to take ownership & contribute from day one, as our business & industry is moving too quickly for red tape or bureaucracy. We take great pride in welcoming, respecting & developing every employee. We arent perfect at everything, but we work hard to constantly learn & improve. We promote a work environment in which we can collaborate & learn from one another.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, & humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Due to COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.