Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of lifes most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
You will have job security at HomeLight. 100% of our mortgage business is focused on purchases. This unit is growing very quickly & is built on the long-term sustainable agent relationships we have developed over the last 5 years. Our need for great mortgage professionals will continue to increase after the refi boom subsides.
- You think about data in terms of statistical distributions & patterns & know how to find patterns in data, identify targets for performance, & identify sources of variance about those targets.
- You are self-motivated & curious with demonstrated creative & critical thinking capabilities & an innate drive to improve how things work.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity. You find a way through. You anticipate. You connect & synthesize.
- You have excellent verbal & written communication skills & experience in influencing decisions with the information.
- Your academic background is in a quantitative field such as Math, Finance, Statistics, Engineering.
- You understand business issues faced while operating in highly regulated environments
- Have the ambition to solve real business issues & pain points
- Enjoys working in a dynamic & fast-paced & environment; organized & able to juggle multiple projects
- You use good judgment balancing art & science when visually communicating information.
What you will be doing:
- Apply data analytics knowledge & experience in combination with analytical to product innovation
- Assess & review findings to determine areas of improvement for system feedback & team education.
- Support the development of corporate & project-level reporting
- Accurately input data into external systems & other applications as needed.
- Prepare quantitative data that will be presented to senior management
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Risk Management, Finance, Data, Legal) to support various funding & liquidity initiatives
- Assist in the maintenance of existing & development of new external relationships (banks, rating agencies, investors) through data analysis, presentations, due diligence & other requests as needed
- Funds loans within company designated time frames & ensure loan funds prior to lock expiration.
- Reviews final loan documents, escrow documents & underwriting conditions before funding.
- Ensures all loan documents have been signed correctly, completed accurately & all product specific forms are in the file.
- Reviews closing conditions received from escrow to ensure completion & accuracy (insurance policies, estimated Closing Disclosure, escrow instructions etc.) Reviews estimated Closing Disclosure to ensure fees charged match the lenders instructions.
- Ensures all underwriting conditions have been received & singed off before funding.
- BA/BS in business, finance, economics or other technical/quantitative discipline
- Proficiency in SQL, Excel & other analytical applications preferred
- 1-2 years of capital markets or relevant experience is a plus
- Plus: You have proven experience with at least one programming language.
- Operational performance XXXX
- Exposure to debt capital markets