Pursuit is a social impact organization that creates transformation where its needed most. Through our intensive, four-year software developer training program, we teach high-need, high-potential adults the technical skills & industry smarts needed to get their first tech jobs, advance in their careers, & become the next generation of leaders in tech. Our graduates are hired by leading companies like Pinterest, Kickstarter, LinkedIn, BlackRock, & JPMorgan Chase, & increase their average annual salaries from $18,000 to over $85,000.
In addition to providing training & career support, Pursuits innovative operating model combines partnerships with tech companies to retrain their blue-collar workers and social impact investments to scale our services to more people & places of need. By connecting talent with opportunity, Pursuit empowers graduates to transform their families, tech companies, & communities across the nation.
At Pursuit, all employees have the opportunity to make a profound, positive social impact. We are building a dynamic, impactful, ambitious, brilliant hard-working team to achieve our goals & support our national expansion.
About This Role
Pursuit is currently seeking a strategic, entrepreneurial Partnerships & Business Development Director to lead the way in doubling our revenue in 2019. This role will be instrumental in Pursuits growth, & we are looking for a leader who will be strategic & tactical in owning & building this area of our business. You will be directly responsible for generating revenue from a variety of sources by developing new partnerships & growing existing relationships, coaching a team of business development & account management professionals, & bringing best practices into Pursuit. You should have experience building teams, defining & launching operational processes, & achieving revenue-based targets. As a member of the management team, the Partnerships & Business Development Director will be an organizational leader & have incredible impact on Pursuits growth trajectory. Our ideal candidate has an impressive track record as a leader in sales, business development, or partnerships & a strong enthusiasm for Pursuits mission.
- Lead & drive partnership & business development strategies to increase revenue for Pursuit
- Identify opportunities for partnerships with entities who are excited to share in Pursuits mission & build meaningful, new relationships
- Define & progress partners through the Pursuit partnership lifecycle, achieving milestones to meet internal goals
- Structure, negotiate, & close new partnership deals
- Manage & grow existing relationships with partners to maximize value on all sides
- Build infrastructure, processes, & best practices to support the work of partnership & business development, including the introduction of tools & systems as needed
- Work collaboratively with leaders across the organization to define & refine offerings to ensure quality for partners
- Oversee, grow, & train a team of business development & account management professionals
- Set, measure, & reach goals, plans, & KPIs for the partnerships & business development team
- Represent Pursuit externally, generating enthusiasm & new leads at every opportunity
- Oversee the ideation, planning, & production of revenue-generating events
- At least 10 years of professional experience in business development, partnerships, and/or sales
- At least 3 years of experience in a management position, including responsibility for hiring & building a business development, partnerships, and/or sales team
- Incredible relationship-builder with an ability to engage, connect, & maintain relationships with a wide diversity of individuals
- Expert understanding of & well-developed skills in sales, partnerships, & business development, including identifying leads, building relationships, storytelling, negotiating, closing, account management, etc.
- Experienced manager who has built a team & enjoys coaching, mentoring, & ensuring the successful performance of a team
- Proven track record of building new business relationships & signing significant deals
- Comfortable & capable with both developing strategies & rolling up your sleeves to execute on them
- Data-driven & results-focused
- Creative, flexible, & solution-oriented
- Extremely motivated & inspired by Pursuits mission
Our Values & Culture
At Pursuit, we operate as One Big Team, supporting one another & ensuring that everyone from staff to funders to board members & volunteers are aligned in our efforts to bring transformation to our community. Our values underscore everything we do.
Giving Our All: We have a strong moral & ethical purpose. It's a privilege to have the responsibility of our daily work & immense impact on the world. Our purpose coupled with exceptional passion creates a high sense of urgency & deep commitment to our students, to our community, & to each other.
Delivering Outcomes: Because our students deserve it, because our investors expect it, & because each of us demand it. We work with the best -- & we are immeasurably grateful for the time, resources, skill, & care that every member of our community invests in our mission. We earn their faith in us, renew their commitment, & thank them by delivering outcomes to each & every one of our stakeholders.
Data Driven, Human Judgement: We cant manage anything we cant measure. Data & analysis give definition & ownership to what we do. Evidenced-based decision making allows us to understand our impact & improve over time. At the same time, our work is about what things could be. We are driven by the potential of humanity & the faith in whats possible. Our work is about beating the odds & overcoming the counterfactual.
In addition to competitive compensation, we are happy to provide employees with a range of benefits. Our offerings include premium health, dental, & vision insurance, flexible paid time off, robust 401k matching, discounted gym memberships, & a fun & active workplace that includes drinks, snacks, & fun team events.
Our team has a wide range of backgrounds & experiences, & we value the richness that diversity brings to our organization. We welcome new perspectives & affirm that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer.