Rockets of Awesome is reinventing the way parents shop for kids by leveraging technology, data, brand, personalization, & exceptional merchandise. Were making shopping for kids apparel convenient & fun this is the future of vertical commerce.
We are a New York City-based, venture-backed startup with extensive executive expertise. Join our creative & strategic team working to develop a scalable e-commerce system that powers a business with massive market opportunity. This team cultivates a culture of learning & continuous improvement by investing in automated testing, learning from real-world problems, & immediately adapting.
We value fun, simplicity, & teamwork.
About the Position
Rockets of Awesome is looking for a fast-moving & analytical marketer to generate growth, envision & develop marketing online & offline marketing strategies, effectively test & scale digital acquisition channels, & optimize the marketing mix for maximum ROI. This leader will own all brand awareness, acquisition, retention strategies as well as the marketing plan & budget.
This position requires someone who can use their keen combination of creativity & outstanding analytical skills to understand the customer & the customer journey, design smart high-impact testing agendas, analyze results, & quickly implement findings to drive growth. The right candidate innately understands the power of brand & organic marketing while simultaneously deploying paid media best practices in performance lead generation & advertising. Success in this role will be judged on the ability to move a variety of KPIs including revenue, user acquisition, LTV-to-CAC ratio
What youll do...
- Build Multi-Channel Marketing Strategies: Manage all brand, customer acquisition, & retention marketing. Optimize the efficiency of channels, creatives, & messaging strategies. Utilize paid social, search, display, retargeting, affiliate, email, SMS, direct mail & other performance channels as well as above-the-line advertising & partnerships. Create aggressive testing frameworks, calendars & processes to enable ongoing improvements. Drive budget allocation between channels & lead campaign specific strategies to optimize for conversion & CAC.
- Drive Innovation: Identify, test & scale high-impact, new & emerging digital channels as well as out-of-the box ideas. Collaborate cross-functionally to find places to innovate & create growth. Track relevant market conditions & competitive trends, leveraging insights to shape future plan. Evaluate marketing technology & partners; be able to articulate & prove the value they might create.
- Create Testing Agendas. Manage the marketing calendar. Ideate & help to build out A/B testing initiatives both on- & off-site (creative, copy, landing pages, etc). Work closely with our Creative team, generating briefs & providing recommendations to optimize performance & validate hypotheses for acquiring new customers.
- Budgeting, Reporting & Forecasting: Set, manage & reconcile the entire marketing budget. Establish customer, revenue & expense targets for all marketing efforts. Develop & maintain reports that track efficacy of marketing efforts & spend to drive better merchandising, marketing, & ecommerce decisions. Communicate performance to internal leadership & stakeholders to promote shared understanding of performance marketing strategy, ROI, & opportunities.
- Team Management: Oversee a team of 3 including an email manager, marketing ops specialist, & a brand marketing manager.
How you will do it.
- Outstanding Analytical Skills: You will have demonstrated experience interpreting data & deriving actionable insights. You must be hands-on, data-driven in order to prioritize initiatives, measure results, iterate when necessary, & support business cases. You can easily translate complicated data into meaningful insights that can explain business trends & impact on future outcomes
- Data Driven Solutions: You will define data needs with engineering to ensure accurate & timely data capabilities used in customer analysis, recurring dashboards & any other customer & transactional needs. Outstanding collaboration with the UX on the prioritization of projects to increase conversion is a must.
- Valuing Brand & the Customer: While you have experience as a performance marketer, you understand the value of brand, have a good working knowledge of above-the-line advertising channels, & can effectively balance DTC & brand building marketing activities. Additionally, you should be obsessed with the consumer moms needs, wants, challenges & can can effectively craft marketing strategies to serve her best.
- Sense of Ownership: You should possess a penchant for taking responsibility for a project from design to implementation & show pride in your work. You are a self-starter & a team leader, someone who can operate independently with little direction but knows when to escalate issues.
- Leadership, Collaboration & Influence: You think team first with the ability to work cross-functionally all while articulating a point of view respectfully with tact, & simultaneously selling in your ideas with thoughtful data. You lead by example & your actions speak louder than your words.
- Desire to Win: You are proactive & energetic, constantly thinking of ways to positively & significantly affect the business. You are forward-looking, never complacent with the status-quo. Youre not afraid to fail & readily learn from your mistakes.
Other requirements & considerations
- 7-10 years experience in driving growth & retention with a strong focus on demand generation, paid acquisition, & ecommerce.
- Experience building & scaling different acquisition channels, across online & offline, for an early-stage startup.
- Expertise in growth forecasting & attribution modeling with the ability to build & improve multi-channel growth models
- Experience planning & executing multi-million dollar ad budgets, including above-the-line advertising.
- Genuinely interested in how brands build awareness & recognition with customers.
- Experience with marketing tools & technical marketing needs to implement testing programs. In-depth experience with Facebook Ad Manager, Google Ad Manager & Google Analytics. Experience with database structures & data tools like Looker is a plus.
- Comfortable being a player/coach ability to lead but not afraid to roll up sleeves & dig in
- Prior experience managing a team.
- Comfort within a fluid environment; job description captures general responsibilities, but the role will be much more diverse & evolve over time
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related field.