Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
We are looking for a creative, proactive, & organized Senior Producer to be a part of the end-to-end execution of Rent the Runways multi-faceted Production team -- with an emphasis on the production of photo/video assets for use across our various channels (e-commerce platform, mobile app/desktop experiences, print, commercial/broadcast, paid social, organic social, internal initiatives, etc). This is a highly cross-functional role that includes collaboration with internal teams & external partners, as well as driving progress & timely delivery of assets for both.
Ideal candidates are highly passionate about photography, video, & the creativity involved in putting together the puzzle that is a successful production for the channels outlined above. You have ample experience & confidence in overseeing complicated productions autonomously within tight budget constraints & constantly changing overall production & shoot schedules. Most importantly, you possess a strong knowledge of best practices & trends in Production from your experience & are able to apply them using intuition.
Finally, you are interested in contributing to the improved overall effectiveness of Production at Rent The Runway & working with cross-functional partners to underscore best practices & iterate over time to improve the start-to-finish process.
What Youll Do:
- Oversee & manage in-house & freelance production teams across photo & video for e-commerce, editorial, seasonal campaign, & social media shoots.
- Support manager & team with e-commerce & editorial production budgets; yearly budget planning, financial tracking by invoicing, reconciling expenses, tracking & communicating budget spending, while always proactively seeking cost savings.
- Manage all communication, timelines, budgets, & check-ins/meetings associated with photo/video productions.
- Source talent (traditional & RTR customers), manage bookings, negotiate usage & costs across talent, photographers, stylists, video editors, hair & make-up artists, & studios within tight budget constraints & constantly changing overall production & shoot schedules.
- Contribute to the creative process by assessing the feasibility of proposed creative, recommending approaches, & having ownership over the quality of the final product.
- Collaborate across the Creative, Marketing, & Fashion teams to ensure seamless end-to-end execution of e-commerce product production & creative marketing campaigns, from kick-off to post-mortem.
- Oversee timeline, shot list integrity, studio, crew, & talent needs, allowing the art director & other creators to focus on content creation, including the day of shoot, ensuring all necessary elements are going according to plan.
- Drive efficiencies, identify & resolve challenges in the workflow & improve the execution of production processes through solution-oriented thinking.
- Oversee casting for all photo shoots across the Rent the Runway brand.
- Maintain a positive work environment with high creative standards within the RTR Photo Studio.
- Encourage & innovate new ideas to provide the highest possible quality creative output for the brand.
- Assist with ad hoc special projects as needed.
- You have a Bachelors degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communication, or a related field
- You have 6+ years of relevant work experience (agency and/or production company environment experience a plus)
- You have a photo & video production background & deep familiarity with content production ranging from e-commerce to commercial projects across print, digital, & social media platforms.
- You have experience working within a fast-paced studio environment in both still & fashion high-volume e-commerce photography production.
- You are a cross-functional leader with proven experience building long-term, productive relationships across Creative, Marketing, & Fashion teams.
- You have proven team management skills with a track record of developing, coaching, & nurturing direct reports.
- You have an established local & national network of creative services (production, photographers, videographers/editors, makeup artists, stylists, etc).
- You have a working knowledge of SAG Commercial Contracts & AICP, AICE estimating.
- You have excellent verbal & written communication skills, interpersonal skills, & a proven ability to set expectations & effectively communicate with leadership & internal stakeholders.
- You have exceptional organizational, time-management, planning, & project-management skills with strong attention to detail & a knack for follow-through.
- You are proficient in Google Spreadsheets & Microsoft Excel, & able to effectively manage the production budget by strategically allocating spend.
- You have experience with task/timeline management tools (Asana & Airtable a plus).
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Office centric work - our corporate employees & technical leaders have the option to work remotely on Fridays, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $98,800 to $120,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held.