JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the worlds one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco & backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments & Tao Invest, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the worlds largest & oldest industries.
Were an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG & biotech, & were growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Were actively looking to hire the worlds best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service & business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Producing & distributing a physical product at a global scale, while at the same time setting standards in innovation is a difficult task. To achieve this goal at JUUL, we employ a data-driven approach using our cloud-based data platform as the basis.
As a Senior Analytics Engineer within the Data Team, you will be part of the group responsible for our data platform. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Work with data scientists & analysts to determine data model requirements
- Ingest internal & external data sources & transform them into clean & abstracted data models
- Build semantic layers in BI tools (e.g. Tableau & Looker) to help analysts build dashboards on top of the data
- Work with data scientists to productionize data science workflows
While you will be part of the Analytics Engineering group & learn from highly-skilled & like-minded people, you will also be assigned & closely work with a group of data scientists & data analysts who focus on solving problems of a specific business area (e.g. Product, E-Commerce, Supply Chain). This enables you to see & be part of the end-to-end analytics & data science workflows.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 6+ years experience in an analytics/data engineering or systems analyst role
- Advanced SQL & Python skills allowing you to write ETL jobs
- Experience managing complex interdependent pipelines
- Proficient in data visualization, dashboarding & analytical report building (Tableau, Looker, Mode, or similar)
- Understand fundamental concepts of good data modeling such as entities, relationships, normalization & unit testing
- Proven critical thinking & analytical problem-solving skills
- Ownership mentality - you get things done & deliver high quality output without having to be told what to do
- Strong track record of delivering outcomes in high-pressure, fast-paced environments
- Experience communicating & working with business analysts, data scientists, product managers & business stakeholders alike
- Familiarity with modern cloud data infrastructure (GCP, AWS)
- Experience in a fast-growing start-up or leading enterprise tech company (e.g. Amazon, Apple, Uber or similar)
- Ability to navigate & live in a modern data engineering environment
- Bachelors degree or higher from a top university in a quantitative field
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. Well help you set big goals - & exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed & supportive teammates
- Equity & performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks & drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits & discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
- Location. Work in New York or San Francisco, two of the worlds greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, iOS, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles, New York, NY, NYC, New York City, Data, Data Science, Data Engineering, Analytics Engineering, Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Python, DBT, Pandas, BigQuery, Snowflake, Fivetran, Looker, Mode, Tableau