The Pindrop R&D team solves tough problems & invents new ways to battle fraud using big data & audio science in the cloud. Pindrop creates innovative products to solve global problems, & we are looking for an expert Research Scientist to join the Data Analytics Research team as we continue to develop ways to fight fraud & improve security in voice channels.
In this role, you will get to work in a cross functional team & interact with the engineering teams & Product teams to frame the problem that are most relevant for fraud detection & authentication. You will decide which data sets are important, design sophisticated features & models to analyze the data, & present actionable results & intelligence back to internal & external clients.
what youll do
- Interact with non technical team (like Customer Success, Product) to understand customer pain points & areas of focus
- Identify & explore different problems & datasets that are fundamental to improving Pindrops product portfolio
- Perform an in depth exploratory analysis on any given data set using data science tools & machine learning algorithms
- Reduce most successful experiments to a working prototype that can be implemented in realtime for production customers
- Collaborate & communicate with Engineering counterparts to develop & transition the prototype solution
- Work with collaboration tools such as JIRA, Github & wikis
- Represent the team via press conferences, internal lunch-and-learn talks, research blog posts & public presentations
who you are
- Research Scientist with strong software engineering skills
- Masters degree at a minimum, PhD preferred
- Strong experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark or Hadoop
- Strong experience with machine learning and/or data science algorithms
- Experience with multiple programming languages, Python & Go preferred
- Experience with machine learning packages like scikit-learn, numpy, pandas & keras
- Proven track record of providing machine learning systems that work on real world data
- Experience with Linux
- Knowledge of Docker & container orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes is ideal
- Experience with relational databases & document stores (SQL + NoSQL)
- Experience developing with AWS managed services such as S3, ElastiCache & DynamoDB
- Have the ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced dynamic environment
what we offer
As a part of Pindrop, youll have a direct impact on our growing list of products & thus the future of security in the voice driven economy. We hire great people & take care of them. Heres a snapshot of benefits we offer:
- Recognized top employer
- Health plans & 401k
- Continued education budget
- Flex schedules
- Best in class tools
- Paid commuter options
- Fun outings to celebrate our accomplishments as a team
- All the good karma you can rack up for fighting bad guys (our conference rooms are named after the ones weve busted)
who we are
Pindrop is a company founded on research & continues to innovate new ideas to market. Our solutions are leading the way to the future of voice by establishing the standard for security, identity, & trust. Pindrop products secure the future of voice, making technology more human from the call center to IoT devices.
what we live by
Pindrop is driven by our DEPTH values. These are reflected in our goals & the base of our teams peer awards.
Act with Deliberate urgency.
Create Evangelical customers.
Passionate about the fight.
Playing for the Team.
Make Hard easy.
Pindrop is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status; & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.