The ideal Escalation Engineering candidate is a problem solver who is driven by going the distance to make Oktas customers successful. The ideal candidate is an articulate & seasoned technical expert with strong business acumen & executive presence who can work across levels of both internal (Okta) & external organizations (customers). This candidate must be equally adept at liaising with internal teams e.g. support, customer success managers, & engineering teams to solve complex technical issues for customers, as well as at managing technical executive-level customer communications. Further, this candidate will have the ability influence outcomes as a result of having built & maintained a relationship as a trusted advisor with peers & customers. Most importantly, this role is part of a larger team of highly effective professionals who work in a close knit fashion to successfully represent Okta support & engineering teams in some of the most challenging customer situations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as internal & external point of contact on customer escalations & ensure customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible
- Triage & Resolve Customer Support Escalations from multiple inbound channels
- Represent Customer Support while engaging with cross-functional teams to drive resolution of escalated issues
- Meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses & overall customer experience
- Manage technical & executive level updates as driven by customer requirements
- Provide technical & soft-skills mentoring to Support Engineers
- Participate in Technical Escalation On-Call rotation
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline & relevant experience applies
- 8+ years, enterprise technical support, system administration, professional services or related customer facing role, with at least 3 years in a senior technical role
- Excellent relationship management, customer service & communication skills
- Ability to remain calm, composed & articulate when dealing with difficult customer situations
- Passion for solving customer issues & advocating for their success, in a fast-paced, highly technical environment
- Ability to quickly & accurately assess the technical aspects of a problem
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision & as a part of a team
- Outstanding analytical & organizational abilities
Strongly Desired Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Expertise in core Microsoft product stack, including Windows Server, Windows Workstation, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies & IIS
- Experience supporting Identity Access Management solutions
- Experience supporting, SSO, SAML, or WS Federation
- Experience supporting cloud applications such as Office 365, Google Apps, Salesforce, Workday, NetSuite, Box, etc.
- Experience supporting n-tier web applications
- Experience supporting REST APIs
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.