Zola is seeking a Senior Designer to join our creative team within the marketing department. The ideal candidate must be on top of the latest design trends within the digital & social spaces, obsessed with beautiful design & elegant experiences, & comfortable working across a variety of creative tools & platforms. The Senior Designer will collaborate with various business units to understand the overall strategy of the brand & user journey & have the ability to follow & execute on creative briefs. They should be comfortable working alongside the product & engineering teams as well. This imaginative person is detail-oriented, curious, collaborative, quick to explore & test new ideas, & ready to lead.
- Collaborate with the design, copy, & video teams to create compelling digital & print assets across marketing channels that elevate the Zola brand & support 360 marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to make data-driven design decisions based on analytics & user feedback in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Lead meetings to concept & share designs & ideas, & present creative execution of marketing assets
- Concept, design, & deliver landing page assets to the product & engineering teams
- Deliver fresh thinking & innovative design solutions
- Maintain accuracy & attention to detail throughout the creative & production process
- Be a mentor to other designers on the team as well as be open to managing
- 5+ years professional design experience in an in-house brand or agency setting, experience in e-commerce or fast-growing startup a strong plus
- A bachelors degree in Graphic Design, Advertising or a related field
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite & Figma (Unbounce, animation, & illustration skills are a plus)
- Experience designing for web (ecommerce, emails, online branding), social media, as well as print, with a deep understanding of all creative disciplines, including conceptual & executional
- Passionate & curious, with a desire to adapt to the changing landscape of design & marketing
- Must be a responsible self-starter, proactively seeking diversification of knowledge, skills, & abilities
- Must be capable of handling numerous projects in a fast-paced environment & work with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, creative problem solving abilities, attention to detail, with a great eye for layout & composition, & a can-do, solutions-oriented approach
- Excellent written & verbal communications with strong presentation skills
- Must have a positive & kind attitude
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration.
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, & quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online & mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, & simply magical. Were proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital & Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, & were proud of our thriving community of over 2 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, & we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion & perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, & partner will be respected & accepted & valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, & we have offices in Charlottesville & Montreal. Come work with us!