WHO ARE WE?
The Growth team is responsible for scaling the organization through marketing & advertising. We are the engine that brings the company new customers in order to make ALL the dogs happy. Our team is close-knit - we like to have fun & joke around, & we're often found nerding out on consumer behavior. If you find the challenge of reaching new dog parents online (and elsewhere) fun, come join us! Also if you know a good dad joke or two, that's a plus."
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
In the Manager, Marketing Analytics role, we are looking for a proven analyst / insights leader to join our team in order to inform & inspire BARKs subscription business strategy. Your role will be to leverage your strategic thinking, technical capabilities, analytical skills & insights to identify short & long-term growth opportunities for the subscription business, core to BARK.
- Serving as a liaison between Data & the Growth Marketing Team.
- Ensuring the accuracy of data & alignment with management KPIs.
- Building expertise in Growth Marketing & its associated data.
- Using insights to drive better business outcomes.
- Assisting with budget planning, forecasting, & other quantitative tasks.
- Helping develop clear & concise reporting that will deliver information in a digestible manner. Creating & maintaining reporting is key in this role.
- Work closely with paid media channel managers to develop KPIs & reporting methodologies & approaches that translate back channel & business goals
- Asking & answering insightful questions quantitatively. Must be able to peel through the layers of reported data, disregarding the unnecessary, & deliver analysis & insight in a constructive & concise manner
- Offer analysis/business results into profitability etc.
- Long term analysis of creative, copy, & promotions.
- Analysis informs optimizations, strategy, & creative clearly. These are deep dives. Example questions being explored:
- How much should we increase spend & adjust target cpas based on promotions?
- What creative formats work the best?
- Does long form copy work better than short form?
- How does showing a dog vs just product in an image impact performance?
- What are the correlations between media placement or creative format A to B & C to A?
- 4+ years experience
- Hands-on experience creating & presenting reports to communicate insights & drive decision making.
- Experience creating dashboards within BI tools.
- Experience using Amplitude, Facebook Ads, Google Analytics, ImpactRadius, Sailthru, & other platforms to analyze marketing performance.
- D2C experience in a high-growth environment.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Solid skills in SQL, ideally Redshift.
- Highly skilled in Excel/Google Sheets; bonus for additional presentation skills
- Solid understanding of statistical concepts & terms.
- Excellent reading comprehension, even on highly technical topics.
- Bachelors degree in business, economics, math, science, management, marketing, psychology, or a related field.
- Ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, & summarize into actionable recommendations
- Effective in written & verbal communication, with ability to bridge technical & non-technical audience members.
- Good understanding of statistical algorithms (using regression, measuring statistical significance etc.)
- A highly motivated self-starter, with a drive to innovate BARK in the retail space.
- Strong analytical & technical experience & knowledge.
- Intellectual curiosity - youre not afraid to continuously question data, asking deep dive questions & pursuing answers that may not be readily apparent.
- Ability to think creatively & outside the box to mine insights & identify innovative solutions.
This position is a full-time exempt position. It is located on-site at our office in New York City office. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.