AccuWeathers People are the "Heart of our Success" & we have a great opportunity in either our State College or New York City office for a talented PR professional to join our marketing team. The Public Relations Manager supports the growth of the AccuWeather brand & leverages thought leader expertise through strategic media relations & marketing communications initiatives using approved messaging in outreach to internal & external audiences, including new & traditional media. Responsibilities include written communications, editing based on input from multiple sources, outreach, media placement & cultivating & managing media relationships as well as keen organization & attention to deadlines & detail.
- Create strategic communications for news media, including preparing articles, biographies, press kits, press releases, scripts & other content initiatives as needed.
- Control the quality of messaging in all written materials to ensure best, most updated & approved language is utilized.
- Manage the flow of news about the organization to the media.
- Media monitoring & reporting.
- Gather & disseminate timely information to press & AccuWeather Team Members.
- Develop relationships with local, regional, national & trade press contacts to ensure the company reputation is promoted & to deflect criticism.
- Prepare leadership for media interviews, speaking opportunities.
- Detect public relations issues as they emerge & address them promptly.
- Maintain press materials, online sites to ensure they remain updated.
- Write & edit company literature for internal & external purposes.
- Ensure the company protects & promotes its image in a proper, coordinated & consistent manner.
- Minimum of 4 years demonstrated experience in corporate communications, public relations experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or related field.
- Exemplary written & verbal communication skills - Newswriting, speechwriting, & editing experience required.
- Must be able to communicate & present clearly & confidently at an executive level.
- Able to prioritize, multi-task, & work well under tight and/or shifting deadlines.
- Familiarity with media relations tools preferred (email, media list compilation, media monitoring, etc.)
- Collaborative & team-oriented & must demonstrate high degree of confidentiality & professionalism always.
AccuWeather is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state or federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity & inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging & profitable.