Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Storage Administrator, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
This Storage Administrator position is within the Storage Operations Team & falls under Global Systems Support. This position will support, certify, & document storage & backup infrastructure, as well as serve as a Level 2 escalation point for existing infrastructure. This position is expected to interact with Systems, Database, Engineering, Asset Management, Product Development, Operations, Audit & Risk, & various groups within Technology.This role must have strong communication & analytical skills.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance, security, & availability of Storage & SAN infrastructure based on business requirements & adhering to tight operations, security, & procedural models
- Responsible for complex provisioning, advanced maintenance, data replication, disaster recovery, data migration & documentation for our Open Systems Storage & Backup environments
- Demonstrate a high level of technical expertise to support complex Storage & Backup devices, including SAN, NAS & Backup solutions across all tiers, under minimal supervision
- Operate in complex, highly-secure, highly-available, operations-centric data centre environments & interact with other technology domain experts as required, to build & maintain the Open Systems Storage & Backups solutions in those data centre environments
- This position requires a dynamic, hard-working & ambitious individual, with excellent oral & written communication skills
- Assist in change management processes
- Improve the efficiency & help standardize current processes
- Respond to & resolve incident & problem tickets
- Document & thoroughly understand the application architecture, system configuration across platforms & interface with various systems & use this knowledge effectively to resolve issues
- Work closely with customer support team to communicate the root cause of the outage, duration & recommendations or steps to resolve issues
- Participate in Service Improvement Meetings after an application outage
- Respond to general inquiries
- Document the incident in the tracking tool
- Vendor contact for routine, documented incidents as well as operational problems
- Provide assistance as required in analyzing the trends & suggesting long-term & short-term improvements
- Resolve incidents & problems in accordance within defined guidelines & meet operational level agreements
- Implement change requests & meet project deliverables within defined guidelines
- Achieve & understand Service Level commitments for all open systems platform
What we're after
- Strong expertise of automation technologies including scripting; Python, BASH,
- Monitoring, Tuning, Troubleshooting, & root cause analysis
- Maintains expertise across multiple infrastructure technologies - Storage, SAN Fabric, & Recovery services
- Strong organisation & analysis skills
- Strong focus on quality & customer service
- Must be able to multitask & prioritise work
- Strong analytical & practical problem solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field is preferred
- Solid experience working in SAN/Storage/Backup Administration
- Experience working in large, complex, enterprise data centre environments
- Experience with designing, deploying & supporting Open Systems, Enterprise SAN & NAS solutions
- Hands-on experience with EMC, HDS & IBM Enterprise & Midrange storage arrays
- Hands-on experience with Brocade and/or Cisco SAN Switches & Routers
- Hands-on experience with Isilon and/or NetApp NAS storage arrays
- Experience installing, configuring, supporting & maintaining Enterprise Backup solutions comprising disk-based VTLs
- Hands-on experience with Symantec NetBackup and/or EMC Data Domain
- Experience with UNIX (Linux, AIX, Solaris), VMware or other hypervisors, & Windows operating environments
- Experience with storage configuration, volume management & path management software tools (LVM, Native MPIO, EMC PowerPath, HDS HDLM, etc.)
- Experience with disaster recovery as it relates to storage systems & data recovery techniques, including disk replication, snapshots & disaster recovery best practices
- Ability to write technical design & build documentation for all aspects of Storage & Backup infrastructure
- Intermediate analysis & troubleshooting skills for the end-to-end storage & backup stack (VMs, hosts, SAN switches, Storage, & Recovery services).
- Experience in system monitoring tools & techniques for supporting SAN, NAS & Backups operations, alerting & remediation
- Scripting proficiency in both Windows & UNIX environments
- Excellent oral & written communication skills & strong inter-personal skills
- Able to multi-task in order to meet goal of low MTTR (mean time to repair)
- Strong ability to self-learn new storage technologies
- Storage & ITIL related certifications are preferred
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.