At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands & retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, Save Money. Live Better, we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted & accountable & we have Walmarts sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart & our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online & offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmarts overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, & agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmarts in-store & online data, extensive reach, & to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing & buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, & convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking experienced sales professionals to help build & sell Walmart Media Groups advertising solutions to our key partners benefiting from our proven conversion driven & brand building solutions. Youll contribute to a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid & dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; & problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
The SMB team is a scaled sales team that services more than 1,000 medium-to large-sized advertisers & agencies globally. Account & Partner Managers build relationships & consult with their clients on optimal solution implementation through service, education, & support. Ideal candidates will have the ability to drive marketing strategy coupled with a willingness to roll up their sleeves & execute the tactics. Success in this position requires exceptional consultative sales, coaching, & client service skills; a willingness to experiment; the ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-focused environment; & a passion for helping others achieve results.
As anAccount Manager on the SMB team, you will report to the SMB Team Lead & use your 3+ years of experience selling digital performance advertising solutions to Walmarts small & medium businesses. Ideally, you will have a passion for growing revenue & helping clients succeed; have experience in creating & delivering excellent sales operations; have experience in representing an organization both internally & externally. Success in this position requires you to have a passion for leadership, strong analytical skills, a focus on client service, the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment & a passion for helping others achieve results.
- Relationships: Develop strong supplier relationships & manage the day-to-day needs of SMB accounts
- Service: Help build WMGs SMB service practice through professionalism, establishing process, creating real customer value, & driving revenue for the team
- Volume: Ability to manage a high volume of small & medium sized business accounts
- Always-On: Help implement a strategy for always-on revenue so that the SMB team begins the perpetual revenue stream of the organization
- Prospect: Prospect & penetrate organizations to drive alignment & influence executive & day-to-day contacts to execute against account plan
- Pipeline: Accurately & effectively help manage sales pipeline in order to prioritize business opportunities & resources
- Familiarity with analytics, advertising data/tech, & DMP technologies, paired with strong analytical & quantitative skills, problem-solving
- Resourceful in maneuvering through a large company while working in a nimble & fast paced environment ability to adapt & thrive in any business situation
- 3-4 years of strategic partnership, customer success or account management experience in media or advertising
- 3-4 years of digital media or advertising experience, preferably from an agency or within a sales organization
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 5 years of strategic partnership, customer success or account management experience in media or advertising
- 5 years of digital media or advertising experience, preferably from an agency or within a sales organization
- 2 years in the digital ecosystems of search, PMP, programmatic, or platform space