Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilization & storytelling to help leading organizations, activists, businesses, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
About the role:
Purpose is looking for a Senior Strategy Director with a commitment to our mission to join our internationally diverse team. The Senior Strategy Director will work closely with the Executive team, the Partnerships team & other directors to proactively seek out business & ideate & oversee new initiatives.
Serving as the principal representative with senior clients (Fortune 500 CMOs, CEOs, CSOs & Heads of foundations & NGOs), partners & stakeholders, you will lead multidisciplinary teams & oversee large complex projects, ensuring that the process & deliverables meet clients' high expectations. You are an acknowledged leader in your field of expertise & serve as a trusted advisor to clients & C-level executives. We're seeking someone with a proven track record at top-tier strategy consultancies or leading social impact initiatives on the brand side, a demonstrated track record in consumer engagement, digital strategy & experience in the social impact space. The role is based in Purposes Manhattan office.
- Proactively seek out new clients & partners & actively engage in the creation of new movements
- As the project principal, be responsible for developing & overseeing projects
- ead project teams of assigned directors, senior strategists, strategists, creatives & technologists
- Be the lead Purpose representative with senior clients, partners & stakeholders
- Set & maintain the highest standards for deliverables, both internal & external
- Collaborate regularly with the Strategy, Campaigns, Project Management, & Creative teams
- Serve as a leader, both internally & externally, in your area(s) of expertise
- Research & stay abreast of best practices in digital organizing & campaigns, digital marketing & communications, purpose-driven brand strategy, corporate social impact work, & other key areas of expertise
- 15+ years of progressive experience at a top-tier strategy consultancy or agency, or leading social impact initiatives on the client side
- Demonstrated track record in digital organizing & campaigns, digital marketing & communications , and/or purpose-driven brand strategy
- Strong entrepreneurial sensibility - you've had success in launching new projects or initiatives that employ new, innovative models to drive social impact
- Experienced & adept manager of very smart, multidisciplinary teams
- Sophisticated interpersonal & mature client management skills
- Experience as a professional development manager to 4 or more people simultaneously
- Strong book of senior-level contacts at foundations, NGOs, & brands
- Able to combine high-level strategy & analytical thinking with tactical creativity & flair
- Experience in a start-up, growth business or dynamic non-profit operating environment
- Confident & sophisticated communicator, presenter & writer - you are a frequent speaker at events & conferences; trusted advisor to senior level executives in your area(s) of expertise
- Deeply committed to our mission of using participation to address the world's biggest challenges with a proven track record in helping organization be part of solutions
- Share Purpose's progressive, internationalist worldview
- A global sensibility, global issue & policy expertise and/or global work experience
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals & people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.