Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
Codecademy is looking for a Freelance B2B Content Writer to create various types of content for our newly-launched business product, Codecademy for Business. Youll work closely with members of our Product Marketing & Business teams, as well as with our Senior Content Marketing manager to create content designed to drive both organic traffic & leads.
This is a contract role, starting at ~10 - 20 hours a week through the end of 2020, with the potential for extension into 2021.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Research & write a variety of types of content including blog posts, white papers, one-pagers, case studies, sales collateral, & thought leadership pieces.
- Understand the Codecademy for Business customer & create content that speaks directly to their needs.
- Explain the benefits of learning technical skills in a way that resonates with those without technical knowledge or backgrounds.
- Coordinate with Business & Marketing teams to ensure that content represents the Codecademy brand & supports our business objectives.
- Craft compelling CTAs to entice readers to take the next step & sign up to learn more about Codecademy for Business.
- Use SEO guidelines to optimize content.
WHAT YOULL NEED
- 2-4 years of content marketing our journalism writing experience
- Excellent writing & editing skills in English
- Familiarity with SEO
- B2B experience is a plus
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills, & an ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of partners
- Experience writing about technical topics in a way thats clear & easy to understand
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Experience with keyword research
- Experience creating content for lead nurture programs
- Experience creating white papers & one-pagers
- Familiarity with the Codecademy platform
- Experience writing about topics related to data science, web development, & computer science
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT 3-5 WRITING SAMPLES IN ORDER FOR THEIR APPLICATIONS TO BE REVIEWED.
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.