Squarespace is looking for an experienced securities, corporate governance & corporate transactions attorney to join our Legal team. As a key part of our team, you will provide legal counsel in connection with a range of corporate activities, including financing arrangements, capital markets transactions & other strategic transactions. You will also provide legal advice & support with respect to stock plans, investor relations, shareholder outreach & governance matters, policies & procedures.
This newly created role reports into our Assistant General Counsel & is based in our New York City headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Advise on a wide range of securities law & capital markets matters, including 34 Act compliance, corporate governance trends, stock exchange rules & other reporting requirements
- Collaborate with Finance, Human Resources, Investor Relations & Communications teams on external communications, such as earnings releases & press releases
- Create & oversee relevant company policies & processes for compliance & risk management, including with respect to insider trading, related party transactions, stock ownership & conflicts of interest, among other things
- Assist with corporate secretarial matters, working closely with the Board
- Participate in M&A, financings & other strategic transactions
- Provide practical legal advice & support on a variety of topics, including corporate structure, marketing campaigns, & litigation
- A minimum of 5 years experience; a combination of law firm & in-house experience is preferred
- Experience with various capital markets matters, including IPOs, & 34 act reporting
- Experience with executive compensation matters is a plus
- Proven ability to manage & lead diverse groups of stakeholders & corporate & securities matters
- Flexibility & creativity in solving problems & dealing with ambiguity
- Excellent interpersonal, written & oral communication skills, & strong business judgment
- Organized & diligent with a high attention to detail & a commitment to operational execution
- Strong team player with an interest in learning new areas of law & business & a willingness to take on additional responsibilities
- Admitted to & in good standing with at least one state bar
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.