As Operations Principal, New York City, you will supervise daily operations while driving continuous improvement & growth of our New York City business. As part of the NYC Operations team, you will be responsible for achieving ambitious expansion goals while also owning unit-economics & P&L targets. You will manage projects end-to-end, from launch through to on-going business lines within Via NYC.
Vias operations in NYC are at the forefront of the development of Vias integrated public mobility solution, combining our flagship Consumer-facing service with a game-changing public-sector Partnerships business serving a variety of use-cases. We design, launch, test & continually improve our services, working closely with Strategy, Expansion, Operations & Technical partners across the Company to develop key insights & innovative solutions that are used to grow Via worldwide.
What You'll Do:
- Own projects end-to-end (from planning, launch through to ongoing operations), with a particular focus on Vias growing, highly innovative Partnerships business within NYC
- Work cross-functionally across many teams at Via - Expansion, Marketplace, Driver Growth, Rider Growth, Tech, Product, Data Science, etc to achieve ambitious expansion & financial targets
- Coordinate with Associates to ensure smooth operation of Vias flagship service
- Devise & implement innovative strategies to source, onboard & manage Via Driver Partners
- Oversee complex fleet-management logistics, powered by Vias proprietary technology tools
- Tirelessly work to scale operational processes & systems to drive rapid growth
Who You Are:
- Thrive in fast-paced environments, troubleshooting issues in real-time & overseeing multiple tasks simultaneously
- A great executor: you are detail-oriented & will do whatever it takes to get the job done
- You are able to own large, complex projects end-to-end & drive to results. You bring organization & structure to highly-dynamic, multi-faceted projects with many contributors
- Highly effective communicator, skilled at communicating professionally with customers / clients & with Driver Partners from a broad range of backgrounds (Spanish is a plus)
- Highly analytical & comfortable with making data-driven decisions at speed & scale - you can balance speed of execution with the necessity of using data to inform decision-making
- An independent self-starter: you enjoy working as part of a small team & are excited to help grow Via NYC
- 5+ years of work experience, likely at a high-growth startup, established tech company, consulting, or financial firm
- Hold a Bachelors Degree with a record of exceptional academic & professional achievement.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Serious project management experience, with demonstrable ownership of project outcomes
- You have worked to launch & scale a product or new business
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. Were building revolutionary technology thats changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation thats friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the worlds biggest cities & is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. Weve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, & were growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries & deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If youre someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, & loves getting things done, wed love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.