As a Facilities Manager, you are responsible for the overall upkeep & appearance of our physical workspace. Your expertise lies in your positivity, approachability, proactivity, & execution abilities in a rapidly changing startup environment ranging from top executives & real estate agents to engineers, new-hires, & interns. You play a critical role in the daily operations of the office & are the go-to-person for all facilities-related issues, & requests.
At Compass You Will:
- Coordinate, oversee and/or manage repair & maintenance work assignments performed by technicians, vendors, & contractors from discovery through completion.
- Act as primary POC for building management, tickets, escalations, building systems.
- Obtain & review price quotes for the procurement of parts, services, & labor for projects to ensure optimal pricing & vendor partnership.
- Coordinate & manage moves, adds, & change activities & maintain seating database.
- Act as the primary POC for security. Review camera footage in case of any security issues, maintain keycard database.
- Provide proper documentation around all built processes & procedures to ensure operational consistency (i.e. security management, on-boarding/off-boarding programs for both employees & customers, vendor management, preventive maintenance, EAP).
- Prioritize daily facilities issues & effectively delegate responsibilities as needed. Manage Jr. Facilities associate(s). Report into HQ Real Estate & Workplace Operations Manager.
- Be the first line of defense for all incoming facilities-related tickets & requests. Ensure tickets receive timely response rates.
- Maintain oversight of daily operations of reception, space, moves, safety, maintenance, mail & work order ticketing system.
- Perform ongoing facility inspections conducting walkthroughs to ensure all building systems are operational (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, lighting, flooring, fire systems, signs, pest control, energy management, plants, etc).
- Provide exceptional customer service experience, partnering with our employees & customers to understand their needs & deliver optimal solutions.
- Responsible for the data accuracy in IWMS software.
- Manage vendor relationships & train vendors on work order & billing procedures. Responsible for invoice processing.
- Provide on-site support for all events, inclusive of after-hour events, deliveries, set-up, furniture moves, vendor management, & more as-required.
- Work closely with building management, building maintenance engineers, & vendor partners to ensure timely workflow to execute agreed upon SLAs.
What We Look For:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2-3 years of service experience with an emphasis on facilities, hospitality, corporate services, property management, or equivalent office management experience
- Experience with mechanical systems (e.g., HVAC, lighting, BMS systems)
- Ability to lift 50-100 lbs
- Developed analytical & problem-solving skills
- Articulate & polished communication style
- Friendly, warm personality
- Experience in providing administrative support in a professional work environment
- Experience with Google Suite is a plus
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn & master new software applications
- Proactive & resourceful
- Experience at a startup or real estate brokerage preferred
- People management experience a plus
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.