HashiCorp is at the epicenter of the cloud adoption wave, helping shape how the worlds largest enterprises are running their IT infrastructure. We provide many of the most innovative companies with infrastructure automation solutions. Our product suite (Terraform, Vault, Consul, & Nomad) provides a consistent approach to provision, secure, connect, & run any infrastructure for any application. We're designing & building the future of infrastructure tooling. That's where you come in: we're looking for experienced product design leaders to join our rapidly growing team.
As a Product Design Manager, you will lead a team of designers, providing direction & guidance, defining best practices for the design process & partnership cross-functionally. You're someone with a strong design background, with an exceptional portfolio highlighting outcomes, who's moved into management to help other designers, providing mentorship & career development, ultimately creating a space for them to do their best work with their product teams.
Our design team, as well as the other cross-functional teams you'll work with, are largely remote. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence & autonomy.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Hire, manage, mentor & inspire a team of product designers
- Lead your team effectively, providing design direction & pushing the quality of the work
- Focus the team, & company, on the user, making sure we're solving the right problems with the best solutions
- Partner closely with Product & Engineering to define requirements, & successfully execute
- Collaborate with the Design & HashiCorp leadership to set vision & strategy for key design objectives
- Be the first manager on the Product Design team reporting to the Director of Product Design
- Contribute to our growing design team & design culture at HashiCorp
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- A minimum of 3 years managing a group of designers
- Experience managing a remote distributed team of reasonable size
- Have a passion for scaling design within an organization & hiring talented designers
- Are a manager who leads by example, through their experience in the design practice, & can help solve challenging problems in a complex space
- Experience designing enterprise SaaS products
- Phenomenal communication skills for working across the organization, capable of building strong relationships with peers & leadership
- Experience helping teams navigate ambiguity, strategically plan, & deliver
- The ability to work well in an ego-free, highly collaborative, & cross-functional team
- A dedication to modeling & supporting a positive & healthy work life balance
HashiCorp embraces diversity & equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.