Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the countrys leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness & value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals & clients. Weve partnered with top biopharma companies & are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research & expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, were assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively & authentically, to innovate & think transformation, not status quo.
If thats you, wed love to hear from you.
The Senior Director, Science will provide senior leadership & management of a team of RWD scientists & have responsibility for overseeing a client portfolio & designing solutions to meet the RWE needs of life science and/or payer organizations. In this capacity they will provide scientific & strategic leadership, advising on the overall program of research & analytic services provided to existing clients & offered to prospective clients. The role will also require managing & overseeing the professional development of a large scientific team in a matrix environment as well as P&L responsibility (budget-setting, management & broad revenue).
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Advise on overall program of scientific & analytic services provided to portfolio clients.
- Provide scientific & strategic guidance to internal team members & clients on study designs & analysis approaches.
- Responsibility for operating objectives, strategy build out, & associated budget for delivering solutions across a client portfolio.
- Manage & mentor a scientific team in meeting performance goals & professional development.
- Active engagement with cross-functional department leaders in setting strategic business goals & making decisions.
- Contribute to external thought leadership including submission of conference abstracts, authorship of manuscripts, participation in other media including newsletters, workshops & webinars, etc., & involvement with professional societies.
- Master's +15 years experience; Doctoral degree + 12 years experience in Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health Economics or related field.
- Expert in core epidemiologic & biostatistical principles as applied in pharmacoepidemiology and/or health outcomes research.
- Substantial experience in managing teams including performance management & mentoring & development for junior scientific staff.
- Track record of substantive publications & presentations at scientific conferences.
- Excellent time management skills & ability to multitask & prioritize work
- Exceptional attention to detail & extremely strong problem-solving skills to anticipate & proactively recommend solutions
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Creative mind with an ability to assess & suggest optimal solutions or improvements
- Lead at all levels Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS
- Located in three cities We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, & Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social & energetic offices with a modern layout, & a giant kitchen & eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry meetups & events.
- Great perks We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, 4% 401(k) match, & unlimited PTO
- Awards Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great & inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit & maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse & culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.