As the Head of Data Infrastructure, you will lead the design, implementation, & operation of the data infrastructure & tools that teams around the company use to make fast, well-informed decisions & to make our product better. The team is responsible for designing & scaling tools & platforms for performant data pipelines, data transformation & aggregation, production machine learning models, ETL job orchestration, & ad hoc data analysis. Youll work cross-functionally with our Data Science team, Infrastructure & Product Engineering, & the Business Technology team to develop Asanas strategy & roadmap for data infrastructure.
You are passionate about helping the people on your team & in the broader Engineering organization contribute more & develop as software engineers as well as human beings. You enjoy the challenge of balancing speed of execution with quality & reliability of the infrastructure & tools. You are an advocate for data security & privacy, ensuring that Asana uses data in a responsible & ethical manner. And you are as enthusiastic about recruiting & building your team as you are about the challenging technical problems that you & your team will solve together. You will lead the Data Infrastructure team & report to the Head of Data.
What Youll Achieve
- Design & build infrastructure to meet rapidly growing data needs ensuring that data about how customers are using Asana is correct, complete, & timely; that data scientists & analysts have the tools they need for sophisticated analysis of that data to drive decision-making; & that product teams can build robust data-driven features that make Asana more powerful & easier to use
- Manage a growing organization of 8+ engineers & ensure their continued technical & professional development
- Develop a roadmap & long-term vision for Asanas Data Infrastructure team
- Sustain a high level of operational excellence for data infrastructure & tools
- Increase development velocity while maintaining a high bar for quality
- Partner with recruiting & other engineering managers to expand the team, by sourcing & interviewing candidates, participating in conferences & events, & onboarding new employees
- 6+ years professional software development experience with 4+ years experience as an engineering manager
- Prior experience managing other technical leads or managers
- Kind & intellectually mature
- Hands-on experience with distributed data technologies & server-side concepts such as containers, microservices, caching, performance monitoring, & API design
- Experience creating robust, scalable data infrastructure & tools
- Strong communication, negotiation, & leadership skills
- Excited to partner with cross-functional stakeholders like Product Engineering, Data Science, & Business Technology
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, & Asana as a whole
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, & technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done & doing it
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 60,000 organizations & millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber, & Vox Media. Our highly recognized culture spurs innovation & business results, & for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE & one of Glassdoors Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, & Vancouver, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive culture & help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected & valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities & expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, & veteran statuses, & we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.