Fastly helps the worlds most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, & scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, & scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, & The New York Times.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester As more & more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking & cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
Were building a better Internet. Come join us.
Manager, Datacenter Provisioning
The Manager of Datacenter Provisioning will lead & support a team of provisioning engineers responsible for the turn up of new server & network capacity across Fastlys globally distributed infrastructure. Candidates interested in this role should have prior server & network provisioning experience, experience in leading a team, & experience in developing requirements for automated tooling to streamline provisioning work. You must be a competent leader capable of running a distributed team, working across multiple time zones, coordinating multiple projects, & managing schedules. You & your team must be able to work autonomously in executing routine tasks, while working cross functionally to resolve escalations & to improve process workflows & tooling. Come help build Fastlys network & support the brands behind the best of the web by driving efficiency into our deployment processes!
We are looking for a great communicator & someone that has a passion for continually developing themselves & their team members. This is a great growth opportunity for mid-career system administrators, network engineers, and/or other operations staff.
What Youll Do
- Recruit, retain, & empower a team of highly skilled server & network provisioners.
- Document procedures directly related to the provisioning teams daily scope of work.
- Provide support for escalations involving routine provisioning tasks including datacenter deployment, circuit turnup (including BGP routing), & bi-lateral interconnect configuration.
- Manage team schedules, prioritize projects, ensuring timely responses to projects & associated deadlines to meet internal & external SLAs.
- Provide support, mentoring, guidance & career growth paths to members of the Datacenter Provisioning team.
- Document & develop tool improvements & work with key Fastly teams to get features built & delivered for the Datacenter Provisioning teams use.
- Partner with other Fastly Engineering & Infrastructure management to prioritize & plan projects.
What Were Looking For
- Ability to lead & execute effectively with a distributed team
- Hands-on experience operating a global network and/or a globally distributed Linux-based system.
- At least 5+ years of direct involvement with network and/or systems engineering
- At least 2+ years leading a remote-friendly engineering or operations team.
- An innate curiosity & inquisitiveness.
- Excellent organization & communication ability. You love documentation.
- Experience in running a remote team of 3-6 individual contributors.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Our customers have a tremendous user base, & we support a growing number of open source projects & initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their hearts with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastlys home base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices & employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is part of our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, & we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits, like generous parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, & an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing & maintaining our inclusive & diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work & have the ability to be successful every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people & were not one size fits all. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans & animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, & more. We love employees for who they are & what theyre passionate about.
Were always looking for humble, sharp, & creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicants race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act & certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.