Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking an Program Management Director to be a key leader in the next phase of scaling the company. The primary responsibility of this role is to lead the selection, implementation & ongoing operations of an enterprise-level ERP system. Reporting to the Senior Director of Financial Systems & Operations within Corporate Finance, this role will be key to help Twilio scale to the next level with the right systems & processes.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of leading ERP system conversions. They also have:
- 10+ years of experience in Finance (or a combination of Finance & IT) with at least 3 years experience in an ERP system leadership role ideally at a usage-based tech company
- Strong analytical, communication, presentation, project management, & process design skills
- Experience leading a Tier 1 ERP conversion to Oracle or SAP
- Experience working with an ERP system in a large, international business with geographical complexity including multi-currency & multi-organization
- Experience & knowledge of end-to-end IT Software development lifecycle including ideation, planning, requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, support, & ultimate transition to operational teams
- Bachelors degree in Finance, IT or related discipline with advanced degree preferred
- At least 5 years experience managing direct, permanent staff & consultants / contractors
- Working knowledge with SaaS / Software experience preferred & a strong understanding of GAAP accounting principles & procedures.
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance experience is a plus. / Experience in developing key controls for SOX Compliance from a systems perspective a plus.
As a Program Management Director, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Demonstrated experience documenting clear requirements, timelines, stakeholders, processes, analyses, schedules, roles & responsibilities. You are rigorous in documenting complex ideas, complicated schedules, & technical documentation & are equally adept at creating executive-facing documents that concisely & clearly summarize the key points. You are comfortable communicating using word processing tools, presentations, & spreadsheets.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: You own the process of driving the organization to a new ERP system using strong leadership skills including managing direct & indirect resources, communicating to & influencing senior executives & communicating with stakeholders across the organization. This is a large undertaking & you will need grit, determination, & fortitude.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Be an expert at influencing across all levels of the organization & directing the work of teams that do not directly report to you. You will be relying on many other teams across the organization & must help maintain organization & keep everyone working in alignment. You will need to empower others & hold them accountable while ensuring they complete their contributions to the project.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Must be able to demonstrate strong prioritization skills within tasks like systems strategy definition & leading cost/benefit, fit/gap & pro/con analyses. You know how to make the right trade-offs when there are no great options. You help others maintain focus on what is the most important.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Communicate clearly, be honest & straightforward, act with integrity. You say what needs to be said even if its not popular, but can say it with tact.
The Corporate Finance team will be implementing systems & processes that will allow the organization to scale & achieve leverage to set Twilio up for success as a growing $5B+ organization. This position is key to that effort & will have a large impact on the organizations effectiveness & efficiency.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.