- Develop new social handles & manage existing handles
- Grow traffic from social sources
- Grow social followings with special focus on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, & TikTok
- Grow social impressions & engagement within social platforms
- Grow social community
- Work directly with TBA cosmetics brand to amplify priorities (ie: product launches) across social platforms
- Stay ahead of changes in the social media landscape to be able to recommend & implement for clients
- Collect all UGC & client owned assets for social
- Gather social videos, photos, gifs & stories from events
- Format social assets for Instagram, IG stories, Pinterest, Facebook & YouTube
- Live Videos
- Ensure all images have necessary information
- Ensure all images are client owned or we have rights to use
- Optimize image alt text for SEO & social
- Write social optimized captions, headlines, etc. to increase CTR according to best practices per platform
- Manage social scheduling & posting across all platforms
- Optimize social scheduling over time based on best times, etc.
- Manage posting & responses to any LIVE social posts/sessions
- Work with client on UGC & permissions
- Work with client on growing & managing influencer network
- Engage with audience across all platforms
- Respond to user DMs & comments
- Report back to brands on social performance
- Work with Audience Development Manager on Monthly & Quarterly scorecards
- Use tools to report on any social metrics as needed
- Track social sharing with partners
- Develop a deep understanding of brand POV & voice to reflect in social
- May be asked to contribute some articles/content onsite for promotional purposes or NL
- Serve as on-camera talent / face of the brands as needed
- 3+ years of experience in social media
- Beauty experience a plus; love of beauty a must
- Strong writing & communication skills
- Ability to produce clean, witty, accurate social teases
- Super organized with the ability to juggle many platforms & priorities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Ability to stay ahead of trends & adapt to a constantly changing digital landscape, especially emerging social tools & platforms
- Social scheduling & analytics tools
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.