iCapital is powering the worlds alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, & banks evaluate & recommend bespoke public & private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $125 billion in global client assets invested in 1,012 funds, as of April 2022.
iCapital was named Solutions Provider of the Year at the 2020 MMI/Barrons Industry Awards & selected to the 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021 Forbes FinTech 50, a list of the top 50 innovative financial technology companies that are transforming finance through technology.
About the Role
iCapitals Client Operations department provides client onboarding support to its rapidly growing investor base. You will assist with managing U.S. based Client Onboarding team members, supervising the review & remediation of investor documents, as well as overseeing the data administration thereof. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing, fast paced organization. This role will report into the Head of the Client Onboarding Team.
- Assist with managing U.S. based Client Onboarding team members.
- Serve as a liaison for the Client Onboarding team in its interactions with external partners.
- Review subscription agreements & other investor documents for completeness & accuracy, as well as compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Able to identify & explain any document remediation requirements.
- Maintain accurate investor data on iCapitals proprietary technology platform.
- May assist with ad hoc requests (i.e., data reconciliation for acquired investors).
- Bachelors degree
- 10-15 years experience with client onboarding, account document review, investor compliance and/or transfer agency/fund administration services.
- Familiarity with private placements, specifically US regulatory requirements for private fund investors
- Motivated; have strong management skills, detail oriented, & must be able to independently solve problems
- Strong communication skills are essential, as the success of this position requires continual interaction with external partners (e.g., administrators), as well as internal business, legal & compliance managers on a global basis
- Able to handle multiple tasks & prioritize assignments with excellent time management skills
- Proactive team player & leader with positive attitude, willingness to roll up ones sleeves & get the job done, & a desire to work in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment
- Microsoft office skills required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
iCapital offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a competitive total compensation program consisting of salary, equity for all full-time employees, annual performance bonus, & an employer matched retirement plan; generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, & virtual mental health counseling; unlimited paid time off (PTO) & parental leave.
We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three to four days & remotely for the remainder of the week. Every department has different needs, & some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.