The Head of Product & Experience Design is a crucial member of our technology leadership team, reporting to the Chief Product Officer at Guild. In this role, you will lead our design strategy across Guilds suite of products, partnering with Guild teams across Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success & Student Operations while leading our growing team of designers & UX writers.
This role will be fantastic for you if you are a passionate & proven enterprise software design leader, excited about growing, mentoring, & inspiring a team of designers, writers & researchers & the opportunity to set a vision & lead a team responsible for bringing that vision to life.
As Head of Product & Experience Design, you will:
- Oversee & provide leadership in all areas of user experience (user journeys, IA, visual design, writing, & usability) as well as partnering to support global Guild branding with marketing
- Inspire a team (5, growing to 10+ this year) & manage their career growth & trajectory
- Define & communicate Guilds product design vision to a wide variety of key stakeholders
- Define & integrate best practices & standards related to UX across Guilds productsincluding new interface guidelines & design patterns
- Collaborate with product & technology teams to create & develop new business opportunities through thoughtful UX & IA
- Articulate business cases for design improvements, & measure/quantify success
- Recruit, nurture, & retain best-in-class talent
- Act as a user, & customer expert, systematically building customer empathy into your team & throughout the organization
- Lead by example, & at times, work alongside the team in documenting designs, workflows, interactions, user journeys, sitemaps, process/screen flows, & wireframes
In addition to partnering with Bijal (CPO), in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including Jessica Rusin (SVP, Engineering), & Chandler Koglmeier (VP, Product & Marketplace Expansion).
You are a strong fit for this role if you:
- Have 10+ years of experience with end-to-end product design; with a significant portion in a leadership role
- Have 5+ years of full time experience managing & growing a design team in a high / hyper growth environment, preferably while building enterprise products
- Believe in a prototype early & often environment, gathering feedback from users as early in the process as possible.
- Are a strong design practitioner yourself
- Are data-driven; you understand how to use data to guide product decisions
- Have excellent written & verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to build trusting relationships with colleagues, senior-level clients and/or partners
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities & education institutions. Guilds proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit & our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the Worlds Most Innovative Companies & we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Stephen Curry, Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce & Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.