MakerBot mechanical engineers architect, design, test, & assist in the manufacturing of hardware systems for MakerBot 3D printers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Design & layout of mechanical components & systems
- Create specifications for mechanical systems; validate & demonstrate adherence to those specifications
- Research & specify system level components like motors, bearings, materials, & fasteners
- Work with other engineers to architect future products at a system level
- Bring products through prototype, design validation, & manufacturing build cycles
- Develop documentation for other engineers, technicians, production, & customers
- Research & drive next generation technologies
- Demonstrate proactive collaboration with adjacent development teams to ensure design success
- Seek opportunities to collaborate with engineering teams to work through complex technical challenges & drive innovation
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Masters Degree preferred
- 2+ years of proven design experience
- Technical ownership over a subsystem of a design or finished product
- Interaction with vendors (part suppliers & manufacturing teams)
- Fluency with SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD tools & FEA software
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing, tooling techniques/capabilities (CNC machining, sheet metal fabrication, Injection Molding, & die casting)
- Direct experience with plastics, die casting, sheet metal & machining suppliers
- Expertise with electrical test & measurement tools
- Specific experience designing consumer or office products
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Excited to work in a fast-paced high-energy environment with the mechanical engineering team & other technical teams in Brooklyn, NY.
Sometimes, its the little (virtual) things:
- Weekly virtual, after-work yoga.
- Access to 3D printers, of course, but also helpful people who love sharing their knowledge & expertise to help & teach you how to use them.
The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, & three weeks of vacation.
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability & ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry & also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals & educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.