The Sr. Director of Product Management will lead the design & execution of our video products & features at Rubicon Project. You will work closely with Technical Product Management, Sales, Marketing, & Engineering to bring leading edge products to market. In this role you will lead various teams through weeds & forests to the destination. We are looking for people who fear no detail, have a passion for understanding improving existing technologies to pave the way for innovative breakthroughs in ad tech with a strong drive to action & results.
- Provide authoritative insight on CTV & develop the go to market strategy using research data & financial planning to assess position, path, & execution.
- Define, develop & execute the vision, roadmap, requirements, & performance metrics for CTV & our video suite.
- Create framework to analyze the competitive landscape, potential partnerships & opportunities
- Act as the subject matter expert for all CTV related inquiries & train key stakeholders on how to communicate Rubicons positioning in the marketplace.
- Collaborate with product teams & engineers to bring solution to market on time & within budget.
- Own backlog grooming & prioritization while collaborating with stakeholders
- Work with customers, sales, operations, engineering, business intelligence, marketing & product management to assess the technical feasibility of features, manage product roadmaps, develop product specifications & GTM strategies for Core Marketplace products & features of complex ad exchange platform.
- Surface technical & scope trade-offs required to allow Business Team to make informed decisions
- Negotiate with Development Manager, Project Manager & Product Manager on features & functionalities to be included in each release.
- Perform detailed analysis on existing & new functions & features to make informed, data driven suggestions & decisions.
- Work with engineering team to develop product specifications, data flows & tracking requirements. Work with Sales team to support GTM planning & produce necessary supporting documentation.
- 8+ years of experience in digital media, ad tech and/or software product management working in complex cross-functional environments on large scale enterprise platforms.
- Be able to understand a variety of programming languages commonly used in ad tech, online publishing & mobile & OTT devices.
- Deep expertise & understanding of the online display, mobile, video & OTT advertising space both from a publisher, exchange & buy-side perspective. Experience in video advertising, APIs & industry standards is a strong plus.
- Strong domain expertise in one or more areas of real-time ad exchanges such as DSP, DMP, SSPs, etc. is a strong plus.
- Past demonstrated success managing complex products & integrations in medium to large organizations. Experience in startup environments where a new product was taken to market successfully is a plus.
- Deep knowledge & understanding of software development best practices, digital content management & delivery, ad server technology, analytics platforms & general web development technologies across multiple platforms & device types.
- An ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of the organization, ranging from detailed product documentation for engineering to executive level presentation skills to developing sales training materials.
- Relevant degree(s) and/or related work experience: Technical background is a plus - BS/MS in Science & business or equivalent hands on experience indicating strong technical AND business background.