Welcome to RAPP
RAPP is part of Omnicom's Precision Marketing Group (OPMG), a worldwide network of 4,000 creatives, technologists, strategists as well as data & marketing specialists in 40 global markets. It is our mission to shape the consumer experiences of the digital future. We do this through three areas of expertise: client-focused consulting, creativity that inspires action, & customer experience management.
At RAPP Berlin, we believe that diversity of people, cultural backgrounds & ways of thinking helps us to add value to brands. For this reason, we foster an environment where differences are valued, & individual perspectives are empowered & celebrated. We believe that protecting the diversity of our employees, nurtures the brilliance of group thinking & leads to outstanding results.
This role holds significant importance in the growth & management of RAPP Germany, primarily supporting the Finance Director in overseeing the commercial operations of the office. RAPP Germany's establishment was a response to a major new business win for Omnicom in early 2022, & the office is positioned as the lead agency for this significant client account. With anticipated substantial growth in the coming year, the role involves assisting the Finance Director & CEO in managing this expansion, maintaining financial controls & metrics, & ensuring financial compliance with the growing client. This includes providing financial analysis, optimizing revenue recognition, timely invoicing, & effective working capital management.
Additionally, the role encompasses contributing to the profitability of key accounts & offers excellent career development opportunities within the broader Omnicom network for the right candidate who contributes to the office's growth.
- Support senior members of the client leadership team with all commercial aspects (pricing queries, income forecasting, margin management, etc.).
- With support from the Finance Director, address client commercial & contractual queries.
- Responsible for the oversight of client finance, including billing & suppliers, while supporting client leadership in these areas.
- Assist client leadership in managing the client budgets.
- Manage monthly revenue forecasting, including supporting the client service team to ensure the accuracy of forecasts, timings, & client sign-offs/agreements.
- Ensure accurate revenue recognition & completion of client processes to agree on monthly billing positions.
- Collaborate with other Omnicom agencies in various global locations to ensure the timely billing of fees with client HQ & other locations.
- Work with the Finance Director to ensure timely monthly accounting closures & the posting of accounting entries to finalize financial results.
- Complete monthly P&L & balance sheet reconciliations, review & report on variances.
- Manage key client KPIs, including working capital, profitability, & realization. Analyze & communicate drivers of profitability, supporting resource decisions accordingly with client teams.
- Support the Finance Director as required with various group reporting requirements.
- Prepare financial reports & KPI data for Agency senior management.
- Strong financial understanding.
- Excellent relationship-building skills across all levels of the business & with clients, & must be credible with senior stakeholders.
- Able to challenge the status quo, see the bigger picture, & incorporate business objectives into day-to-day dealings.
- Studying for professional qualifications would be an advantage but not essential.
- Experience working with various finance systems & familiarity with P&L & Balance Sheet structures.
- Conduct various analytical reviews & reconciliations to identify key drivers of commercial performance.
- Strong proficiency in spreadsheet skills.
- Prior experience in a commercial analysis or a similar role.
- Highly numerate with meticulous attention to detail & a drive for success.
- Polished & articulate, capable of working seamlessly with colleagues at all organizational levels while maintaining credibility.
- Essential strong personality for effective collaboration with non-finance professionals, both junior & senior, whether working independently or as part of multidisciplinary teams. Requires flexibility, exceptional communication skills, & persuasive abilities.
What we offer you
- A great team & a collaborative culture
- Exciting products & clients
- Central & beautiful workplace in Berlin, with hybrid & remote opportunities
- Flexible working time
- 30 vacation days
- First-class learning & development opportunities through access to our global network
Please note that due to unforeseen delays on our end, we kindly ask applicants to anticipate responses to their applications by October.
We believe that diversity helps us add value to brands. That's why we foster an environment where differences are respected, where people take pride in unique talents & where individual perspectives are encouraged & celebrated.