HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, & security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large & small to mix & match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, & other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role
The Sales Specialist is an outside sales position, a subject matter expert responsible for developing, managing & closing business within mid-sized & large enterprises in our outside field sales organization, specializing in our HashiCorp Consul solution. The specialist is responsible for driving the sales cycle from prospect to close selling HashiCorp Consul to named enterprise accounts, & inbound, non-named leads within an assigned territory.
In this role you can expect to
- Be the SME in region for Service Networking & Consul focused opportunities
- Engage new & existing HashiCorp Open Source Users to demonstrate how they can be more successful with our technology portfolio
- Engage in significant Outbound activity making use of the tools available (yesware, discoverorg, Sales navigator, etc.)
- Proactively & efficiently manage resources with dedicated teams, virtual teams, & executive staff around sales opportunities to ensure successful outcomes
- Manage complex enterprise sales campaigns with multiple prospect engagement points in Development, IT Operations, & Security Operations
- Align the HashiCorp Consul solution to the customers business needs, challenges, & technical requirements
- Execute solution & value selling to existing customer base & new prospects
- Articulate & evangelize the vision & positioning of both the company & products, & secure strategic commercial commitments
- Create a healthy pipeline of revenue & new logos for your target accounts.
- Accurately forecast business on a quarterly cadence
- Regular Air Travel is required
- Correctly estimate qualifying opportunities based on BANT
- Effectively communicate with management, legal & deal desk to ensure proper execution of documents & correct process, & follow instructions or recommendations set by these teams & company management
You may be a good fit for our team if you have
- Experience in Networking & Infrastructure software is a minimum requirement
- Significant enterprise sales & customer development experience
- Track record in closing enterprise & mid-market deals
- Creation & execution of quarterly & annual business plans
- Good executive presence, communication skills, & credibility
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding assigned annual/quarterly goals & targets & consistently ranked top 1-2 on their team
- History of accurate forecasting & business reporting
- Significant experience selling disruptive technology into focused markets
HashiCorp embraces diversity & equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.