About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Software Engineering Manager, Services to join our Engineering team. The Engineering team focuses on architecting, developing, & delivering highly scalable & innovative software that meets the needs of the Daily Harvest business & our customers.
The Software Engineering Manager will help build the platform that enables us to take care of food. As a leader in our software engineering team, youll be responsible for one of our talented development squads to ship the code that powers our entire business -- from robust microservices, to code that interfaces with our shipping providers, to inventory & operations management at scale. Youll be taking charge of a group of inspired engineers who enjoy working together.
What youll do:
- Design, estimate & review new & refactored software services on the platform. Take ownership for quality of design & implementation of software components to ensure that they run securely, reliably, & at scale
- Work closely with product & engineering leadership to lead the technical design of projects with major company impact
- Work with internal tech teams to identify & build platform elements required to support key product features
- Effectively communicate & collaborate with product owners, & other members of the digital product team to develop best-of-breed digital experience that meet the needs of our users & drive our business objectives
- Provide guidance & mentorship to other members of the engineering team
- Identify & execute on opportunities to improve the software development lifecycle & processes
- Scale by delegating effectively; ensure tasks are completed as specified without micromanaging
- Contribute to the career development of others, meeting regularly with direct reports, providing frequent feedback on their work, helping individuals set goals to ensure employee growth & retention goals
Who you are:
- Education, training or experience equivalent to a BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics)
- 8+ years of professional experience with software development, including 1 year in a leadership position
- 5+ yrs experience with server side programming languages like Python, Ruby, NodeJS, Java, or C#
- Experience with RDBMS and/or NoSQL data stores
- Well-versed in modern cloud platforms, like AWS or Google Cloud, & their associated technologies
- Experience with Agile software development & Agile software solutions like JIRA
- Familiarity working with modern cloud based microservice architectures
- Strong continuous integration & continuous delivery experience
- Experience managing remote or distributed teams a plus
- Experience building RESTful APIs & services at scale
- Experience transitioning monolithic systems to microservice-based systems
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.