CoinDesk is the most influential, trusted platform for a growing global community engaged in the transformation of the financial system & the emerging crypto economy. Founded in May 2013, the CoinDesk platform provides millions of consumers interested in cryptocurrency assets & blockchain technology with news & insights, podcasts, live streaming TV shows, research reports, live events, & a toolkit of indexes, data, & analytics. CoinDesk is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, one of the largest private investors in the industry & a provider of trading & other investment services for that industry. CoinDesk operates entirely independently of the parent company. DCG has no involvement in editorial or content decisions.
We are seeking a Senior Front-End Engineer.
Thinkers & tinkerers at heart, we experiment & innovate, leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough user experiences, & bring simplicity & humanity to investing & financial news. CoinDesk is seeking a self-driven Front-End Engineer who is committed to innovation & high-quality work - to join a talented software engineering team to deliver a game-changing user experience across the CoinDesk site & its multiple product offerings. We care about the details because every pixel, every line of code, & every user interaction with our products determines whether we are delivering on our commitment to producing the very best products possible. This engineer must have the technical chops to ensure that we build compelling, user-oriented solutions in an iterative methodology. Success in the role requires an innovative mind, rigorous analytical skills, & a passion for creating market-leading experiences for millions of users in financial news media & fin-tech space.
- Build React.js web applications
- Build reusable, user-facing front-end components that are shared across other applications for rapid development & scaling to support all CoinDesk product experiences
- Write high-quality code with best practices & design patterns in mind & engage in peer code review & suggest optimization
- Collaborate with designers to implement & extend our Design System across all product & marketing components & their integration across CoinDesk.com
- Use your experience to help guide technology decisions & participate in technical architecture discussions
- Work with your partners from different teams & disciplines to create a scalable product
- Consult with your product partners to form sprint goals & break work into atomic units
- Reason logically & creatively, identifying problems, drawing valid conclusions from the data available, & develop practical solutions while applying creative thinking in the design & development of high-performing web applications
- Work with project managers to ensure that all project deliverables are on time & of high quality
- Assist in rapid prototyping of design concepts to prove & test ideas with end-users
- Have 4+ years of experience in web application development or software engineering using modern frameworks
- Have extensive experience with React.js & its related technologies, including Node.js
- You are motivated to learn new technologies & enjoy pushing the limits of front-end development
- A keen eye for detail & a love of delivering beautiful user experiences that prioritizes performance
- Experience with DevOps technologies like Docker, Jenkins, & AWS Products
- Familiarly with module bundling technologies like Webpack
- Experience in agile software development teams working iteratively with designers, product managers, & stakeholders
- Hold a bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field; a masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline is highly desirable.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary & bonus offerings
- Robust Medical, vision, & dental insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Blockchain & Crypto Training Sessions
- Access to Retirement Savings plans
- Conference sponsorships
- Training & Development investment
- We celebrate birthdays, anniversaries & our new hires!