Develop a state-of-the-art product. Make sense of the future. Use data to drive business.
If you are a passionate coder who wants to make an impact working on a product that clients love, wed want to talk with you.
At CB Insights, we build products that help clients make sense of the future & drive their businesses forward, using data. Our systems retrieve large amounts of structured & unstructured data, use scientific methods to extract knowledge & insights from the data & present the data through a sophisticated dynamic user interface which enables the user to find answers to their most important questions.
The Role Youll Play:
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer at CB Insights you will be part of a cross-disciplinary, self-motivated team with clear ownership & passion to form the future. Our crew uses state-of-the-art technologies & writes quality code that ships often. This specific team is responsible for maintaining & developing new features for the search experience that is powered by elasticsearch. Additional service responsibilities include comment, profile, & more.
Our backend software engineers work with Python & Go to build microservices to power front-ends & other services. Our services run in Docker on AWS & we use Hashicorps suite to manage our containers.
We focus on modularity & reuse where it makes sense, while ensuring that there are no constraints to delivering world-class software continuously.
We want to find the best person for the role regardless of where you are located & this role is open for candidates who are working remote as well as candidates who prefer to work from our New York City office.
If this sounds interesting to you, reach out & join CB Insights now!
Your Main Tasks:
- Develop features for our next generation market intelligence platform on a small Agile team of 6-8 engineers.
- Consistently & frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable & tested within the agreed upon timeframe.
- Participate in code reviews & sprint planning, help identify opportunities, work through challenges & share knowledge with colleagues.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements.
- Mentor & guide other software engineers.
What you bring to the table:
- An experienced engineer who is passionate about coding & who has learned through several years of experience in the field
- Relational database proficiency, including ER modelling & performance optimization (e.g. MySQL, Postgre SQL, Oracle, Aurora)
- Experience building microservices & thorough understanding of service-oriented architecture
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment
- Agile & Lean value set (we follow a variant of Scrum & use Jira)
- Strong attention to detail & quality
- Comfortable working with engineers that are remote as well as from the local office
Whats CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore & exploit emerging technologies. We help the worlds leading companies accelerate their digital strategy & transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine & human intelligence to help you discover & manage your response to emerging technology startups & markets.
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!