The CRM & Email Marketing Manageris responsible for driving Zolas expanding CRM efforts & optimizing all owned channel communications. This key role is focused on driving new & existing customer engagement while ensuring flawless execution. They will lead audience segmentation efforts, new channel expansion, testing ideation, implementation, reporting, & optimization as well manage projects from concept to fruition.
- Develop & execute owned channel marketing strategies & communications in promotional, transactional, lifecycle, triggered & rewards-focused campaigns to drive growth
- Own the calendar across multiple channels, making sure to put the right content in front of the right person at the right time
- Manage vendors, day-to-day as well as onboarding & contract negotiations & renewals
- Act as key point of contact for counterparts such as Tech & Growth teams to onboard new vendors, ensure key functionality & variables needed for targeting are available.
- Own weekly channel KPI's (e.g. open rates, CTO, clicks, adds, etc.) & continue to improve channel effectiveness
- Manage subscriber list growth & health
- Zola lead for all Promotion/offers, Referral program
- Support all aspects of daily production (email, push, marketing modules, direct mail, etc.):
- Creation, scheduling, & approval
- Quality assurance/flawless execution to ensure that creative, copy, & links are correct
- Own & continuously optimize audience selection
- Collaborate with internal & external partners to develop processes to streamline operations
- Write creative briefs for marketing emails & manage copy, creative, & HTML coding process
- Stay informed with best in class retention practices, including 1:1 personalization, triggers, email deliverability, send frequency, subject line best practices & best-in-class creative approaches
- Provide support as needed for all CRM initiatives
This role requires a demonstrated record of flawless execution, good analytical rigor, & creative problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate will have experience in managing customer communications (email ideal) & demonstrate a true passion for innovation in this area.
- Solid understanding of key performance metrics & the ability to recognize how they might impact the business (e.g. unique open rate, unique click rate, click-to-open rate, swipe, etc.)
- Experience working with Sailthru or a top-tier ESP
- Knowledge/background of email marketing & inbox deliverability best practices
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Proficiency in Excel (including creating Pivot Tables/formulas), Word, & PowerPoint
- Strong verbal & writing skills
- Excellent time & project management with exceptional attention to detail
- Desire & demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously & meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated & energetic individual with a high level of initiative & thrives working a fast-paced, challenging digital environment
- 3+ years of direct experience managing email marketing campaigns with a proven track record of meeting/exceeding performance goals
- Minimum Bachelors degree (advanced degree a plus)
Please address all cover letters to Kathleen DeTurris on our talent team. Any applications without a cover letter will be incomplete & therefore not considered.
Zola is the fastest growing wedding company in the country. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples' lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology. All in the service of love.
Headquartered in New York City, our team brings deep experience working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites & mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Yahoo, Amazon, J.Crew, Rent The Runway, Goldman Sachs, among many others. In 2017 the Wall Street Journal named Zola a top 25 Tech Company to Watch, & Forbes named Zola a Next Billion-Dollar Startup.