For most people, shopping for a vehicle is an experience we'd rather forget. Navigating a sea of endless options, spending hours, & the dealership & negotiating toe-to-toe with a dealer who does all this every day leaves automotive shoppers feeling exhausted & overwhelmed while hopeful, but not sure, they got a vehicle in good condition for a fair price.
Autolist is on a mission to rewire the automotive industry by making it easier for everyone to find & get a vehicle they love! We are creating an automotive shopping experience for every stage of the automotive life cycle buying, selling, owning & we're well on our way. As an independent brand & subsidiary of CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG) we're a startup within the worldwide category leader in automotive shopping helping millions of monthly users via our award-winning apps & web shopping platforms. Our efforts to streamline the automotive shopping experience is supported by a strong passion to empower people with the knowledge & experience they need for everything automotive, a dedication to equity, inclusion, & belonging, & world-class benefits.
We are seeking creative & talented individuals who love learning & are motivated to launch their software engineering career. No prior professional experience is required.
As an Associate iOS Engineer, youll collaborate with other engineers, product managers & designers to bring the Autolist vision to life. Youll help build new features & improve our existing iOS application written in Swift.
We value learning & youll get to spend a few hours a week on personal education. We believe that a diverse, inclusive & compassionate environment leads to greater ideas & outcomes. Come join our team & help us build a better car buying experience for everyone.
What You'll Do:
- Support the iOS Engineering team & participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle (design, code, & test).
- Help drive engineering projects to completion, with a focus on the business impact of those projects. Pragmatically prioritize tasks to deliver on goals with a sense of urgency.
- Produce engineering solutions that are reliable, maintainable & easy to change.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to execute engineering projects.
- Learn. We deeply value continuous education as a personal investment to better achieve individual & business goals.
Who You Are:
- One of the following backgrounds:
- B.S. in Computer Science or other STEM field from a four-year college or university
- Completion of a coding bootcamp
- 2+ years of related experience and/or training
- Equivalent combination of education & experience
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, dedicated, detail & team oriented with strong communication, problem solving & analytical skills.
- Have completed a project in Swift (or Objective-C) & XCode
- Familiarity with GIT, CI/CD pipeline tools, Unit Testing & Agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum)
- Familiarity with test-driven development (TDD)
Note: The requirements listed on this job description are guidelines not hard & fast rules. To excel in this role you will not need to satisfy or meet every requirement listed. If you have the transferable skills & want the opportunity to be considered please apply!
- An interest in exploring code design & architecture
- Experience building consumer-facing applications and/or publishing apps to the Apple AppStore
- Genuine interest in working in the auto industry
- Experience working in a fast-growing startup environment
Equal Opportunity Statement
Autolist is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration & treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, & promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.
Check out this link to learn more about our engineering team:
Engineering @ Autolist - Autolist.com
We recognize that flexibility plays a critical role in enabling our people to thrive in both their personal & professional lives. We currently welcome Gurus into our Cambridge, MA office on a voluntary basis but do not require employees to physically be in the office. We will adopt a hybrid working model when health experts & government officials in our local communities deem it safe to do so. Specific arrangements within this model will be up to team leaders discretion; we encourage you to discuss your questions & needs during the interview process.
All US CarGurus employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. This helps us to safeguard the health of our employees & their families, our customers & visitors, & the community at large.