The Data Science team at OrderGroove is looking to hire a Data Engineer to join our growing lineup. As we expand our platform to include more data driven offerings, our data storage & access requirements are growing rapidly. The Data Science team is responsible for designing & building the components of this system & ensuring their integrity & performance.
Our team impacts the entire OrderGroove platformwhich powers the retail experience of some of world's largestbrands. On this platform the data science team arecreating the foundationalinfrastructure for a new collection ofdata & AI drivenproducts to enable frictionless commerce. If youre interested in a crucial role building scalable infrastructure for highly visibleproducts, then this role might be for you.
What you will do:
- Design data platform components to backstop new products
- Build resilient & scalable solutions for both batch & real-time services
- Evaluate & test the tradeoffs between competing technologies & architectures
- Model & structure data storage according to product requirements
- Monitor & optimize performance of our platform
- Automate deployment of new infrastructure
Who you are:
- You write production level Python on a daily basis (R additionally a plus)
- You have hands-on experience with Google Cloud Platform
- You are skilled at writing & optimizingSQL (core application DBs use MySQL Google BigQuery)
- You ideallyhave experience with Apache Airflow
- You have built/administereddistributed systems at scale (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra etc.)
- You understandat least one Python-based web framework (Django, Flask etc)
- Youpreferablyhave some DevOps experience (especially with Chef & Kubernetes)
- You have 2+ years experience in a related role
Were a close-knit team growing to 100 this year, have raised over $40M in venture capital & are passionate about transforming the business of commerce!
Recently named one of the 2019 Best Companies to Work For in New York, our collaborative culture drives independent thinking & ideas with a get-it-done attitude. We get up every morning to change how commerce is done in partnership with our clients, some of the top brands & retailers in the world. We demand the best of ourselves & each other & never miss an opportunity celebrate our team & our success. Company events include activities like wine tours, summer BBQs, & game nights where we can get together & have fun. We compete hard for the industry's best talent by offering employees one of the most flexible PTO policies you'll find, highly competitive compensation & stock option grants - And our New York HQ boasts a 6,000 square foot private terrace overlooking beautiful downtown Manhattan. By joining the Ordergroove team you'll be helping to transform the business of commerce & have fun while doing it! If you're ready for a high-impact role at a game-changing, fun company, we invite you to learn more & apply!
Ordergroove is committed to creating a welcoming & supportive environment for all people. We do not discriminate against anyone for any reason. We encourage people with different backgrounds & experiences to join our growing team.