About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Director of Tax to join our growing Accounting team. Daily Harvests Accounting team provides timely & accurate internal financial reporting to drive internal decision-making & provide key external stakeholders with information on business performance.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Tax to lead all aspects of direct & indirect tax for the company. This person will build robust & scalable tax reporting processes from the ground up to ensure tax compliance with all relevant jurisdictions where the company operates. This person will be viewed as the go-to expert for all tax questions & will lead oversight of a third party tax firm. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently & be a self-starter with the ambition & drive to create a best in class tax function to prepare the company for future growth.
What youll do:
- Design & build a robust, public company ready tax function & processes
- Own the monthly/quarterly/annual tax provision & related tax journal entries in accordance with preparation of our US GAAP financial statements
- Oversee, coordinate with, & manage the Company's 3rd party tax providers ensuring that all tax related issues are identified, communicated & resolved in a timely manner
- Lead the development of effective & operationally sound tax strategies to reduce future tax burdens for each subsidiary & the consolidated company
- Oversee tax filing requirements & review all tax compliance prepared by the Company's 3rd party tax providers
- Coordinate the tax review & audit process with external auditors
- Independently research tax related topics, including federal, state, & indirect tax developments & laws that impact the company
- Internally consult & liaise with other departments/business units regarding the tax impact of new products, acquisitions, significant transactions, etc.
- Lead all processes related to transactional & all indirect taxes, including sales & use tax, business personal property tax, withholding tax, & information reporting, & other business taxes to ensure reporting compliance
- Handle audits related to all indirect tax, withholding tax, & information reporting filings
Who you are:
- 10+ years combined experience in a public accounting firm and/or public company corporate tax department
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required, Masters degree in Tax a plus
- CPA license (active) required, Big 4 experience at Manager level or above strongly preferred
- Prior experience in CPG and/or e-commerce preferred
- A deep understanding of U.S. income & indirect tax matters
- Direct experience advising & working through HR & legal related tax matters
- Payroll tax experience in a distributed workforce environment a plus
- Skilled in developing & executing tax planning & risk reduction strategies
- The desire & ability to initially act as a one-person team while defining the balance of internal & external resources into the future, implementing internal controls & ability to scale function cost effectively
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with the ability to effectively present to & engage with a wide range of internal & external audiences, including external auditors, legal & tax authorities.
- Ability to work effectively with ambiguity, shifting priorities & tight timelines
- Ability to act & operate independently to accomplish objectives & meet deadlines
- Experience with NetSuite & Avalara a plus
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.