Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
The People team at Twilio is rapidly expanding to support the companys exponential growth. This role will be a critical member of our People Operations team responsible for managing global employment compliance.
This role will be responsible for maintaining compliance of federal, state, & local employment laws. It will also create, implement, & be responsible for People compliance policies & processes. This role will ensure the successful & consistent delivery of global People Compliance related activities, oversight, audit & governance.This includes the overall management, coordination, & controls. This role will work closely with across different COEs within the People team & our Legal team.
We are seeking an experienced Compliance Manager who lives the Twilio Magic & is excited to roll up their sleeves to manage the People functions compliance You are detail oriented with an execution mindset & also have:
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of regulatory HR compliance or employment & labor law experience. Global experience is highly preferred. 10+ years in overall HR experience.
- Subject matter expertise in regulatory areas & experience working with the various laws that impact HR, including OFCCP obligations, global hiring requirements, & contingent worker requirements.
- Experience working in a global & fast-paced environment at scale. Ability to establish strong cross-functional partnerships & experience driving projects & programs with a diverse group of partners.
- Strong facilitation skills & proven ability to persuade & influence change & enable collaboration in a cross-functional group of leaders.
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills with the ability to build effective work relationships & influence stakeholders.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, identifying & resolving complex issues. Will take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances.
- Possesses a seek to understand mentality & the ability to exercise discretion & independent judgment.
As Compliance Manager you will live the following Twilio Magic Values:
- BE AN OWNER: Own the strategy to drive equity in people processes in partnership with cross-functional People partners & Employment Legal. Develop & implement ongoing audit processes to ensure adherence to compliance standards. Research legal & regulatory obligations in partnership with Employment Legal, working with project teams to translate legal obligations into system or process requirements, monitoring the effectiveness of processes designed to meet obligations, & developing and/or advising on remediation plans to mitigate risk. Keep current with government regulatory reports & programs, such as OFCCP compliance, EEO reporting, & mandatory HR training. Maintain awareness of new legislation (globally), track relevant legislation, & engage the right COEs/stakeholders to ensure timely implementation of processes that comply with new legal requirements. Develop internal controls & policies designed to ensure that all compliance needs are met.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with Legal & People teams to create, maintain, & update people policies, & partner with Comms on policy rollout. Consult managers & People Team on a variety of HR compliance policies & related regulatory compliance issues, which may include privacy, diversity & inclusion, compliance programming support, wage & hour training, posting requirements, & leave & time away policies. Revise company HR policies & practices to ensure compliance with federal, state & local rules & regulations.communication across the People Team & other internal functions & business partners as required. Create processes for access to diversity analytics in partnership with Employment & Privacy Legal, HRBPs, & HR Ops.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Partner with Employment Legal to conduct proactive audits of various HR processes & regulatory requirements to ensure legal compliance & analyze audit results & develop appropriate recommendations to enhance compliance & mitigate risk. Conduct research on regulatory requirements & benchmarking, draft language to develop new policies or amend existing policies, & oversee the policy review & approval process. Manage & administer mandatory HR compliance training & ensure all employees have received & successfully completed all required federal, state & local HR compliance training.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Maintain & update documentation tracking systems & ensure proper recording, approval, & filing/retention of all documents received in accordance with established guidelines. Establish & operationalize reporting governance to accurately maintain data, meeting both the needs of global reporting requirements.
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking an HR professional to be a key contributor in assisting in all aspects of People Compliance administration & management. You will have a direct impact on driving equity in people processes globally.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be based in the US, ideally in Denver, or potentially remote within the US. We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.