Group Nines branded content division is looking for a full-time, LA-based, Post-Production Supervisor to oversee post-production of all west-coast video content.
Due to COVID-19, this will be a remote position through mid-2021. However, it may require infrequent visits to our offices in Culver City, with all the appropriate precautions taken. In the future, this position will likely transition to flex hours between work-from-home & office visits.
A TYPICAL WEEK LOOKS LIKE:
- Oversee daily Post operations of all our branded video content, including:
- Social, online, streaming, & linear media
- Social, short-form, mid-form, & long-form formats
- Unscripted, docu-style, & scripted executions
- In-studio production, field shoots, & event coverage, across the U.S. & other locations
- Live format shows
- Manage our team of Post Coordinators, Editors, & other freelance creatives
- Maintain contacts with the best freelance talent, determine if/ when freelancers are needed, identify the right freelancers for the job & negotiate fair but favorable terms
- Lead, inspire, & nurture our team in post-production.
- Oversee planning, scheduling, workflow, & staffing for campaigns
- Assist our Creative Operations team in scoping for all forms of video content, balancing between the needs for outstanding creative execution & fiscal discipline
- Work with our producers & creative services to assure that all video content is delivered on-time, on-budget, with stellar-quality & in conformity within Group Nine & client creative requirements
- Work with IT to manage post-production equipment, technology, maintenance, & purchases
- Ensure that post-production conforms to QC & tech delivery standards set forth by each projects tech specs & required deliverables.
THE NEXT GREAT POST PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR WILL HAVE:
- Knowledge of Group Nines family of brands - youll work with all of them - & be passionate about our culture.
- At least  years experience in video production with at least  years experience in managing post-production in a digital publishing environment
- Deep understanding of the post-production process & workflow
- Experience with higher budget long-form series production for linear & streaming media
- Conversant with post-production process, equipment, & software, e.g. Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, DaVinci
- Conversant with or quickly able to learn project management applications like Slack, Airtable, Monday.com, & Wrike.
THE NEXT GREAT POST PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR WILL BE:
- You are compassionate, collaborative, transparent, & even-tempered. (A good sense of humor & a passion for our mission goes a long way as well.)
- You are a natural leader with integrity, strong organizational & prioritization skills, & industry networking skills. You are calm under pressure, speedy but not hasty, able to pay attention to detail, a tough but fair negotiator.
- You have the ability to grasp -- at once -- both creative material & the physical & financial implications of its execution; you can size up creative IP & work with Producers & Operations to adeptly steer it through the post-production process.
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted. We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
Thrillist is the #1 food, drink & travel brand for Gen Z & Millennials [source: Comscore Media Matrix & Plan Metrix, Q3 2020.] Thrillist serves as a guidebook for those that want new experiences & long to turn a good time into a great time. Our nonstop coverage of local culture inspires audiences to discover their world & celebrate every moment. In a serious world, we take fun seriously. In December 2016, Thrillist joined forces with NowThis, The Dodo, POPSUGAR & Seeker to form Group Nine Media -- a global top 10 publisher.
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.