View All Jobs
Do you help the audience understand how much they already know & then connect new ideas to that knowledge? Do you get excited just thinking about developing others in a fast-paced sales center, or are known as a leader in L&D with a passion for managing the training of new & existing agents? Have you ever thrown a piece of candy at someone for getting an answer correct? If yes, then you might just be the Learning & Development Manager were looking for to join our team!
As one of the fastest-growing tech companies HQd in NYC & the leader in revolutionizing how Americans move from one home to another, the Updater team gets pretty busy. Our user base is growing like crazy, & we need a few extra hands on deck to keep our users happy!
Were looking for an extremely organized, self-motivated, & hard-working individual who genuinely loves working as part of a team & has a strong aptitude for training sales representatives in a call center environment. Our ideal candidate will have solid sales center training experience, be able to create & deliver training content consistently & with a high level of enthusiasm, communicate complex ideas in simple, easy-to-understand language, & have the ability to manage a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment. If you love coaching, place emphasis on growth mindset, & think outside of the box, then this is the role for you.
Updater partners with the most highly recognized Internet, Home Security, Insurance, & Energy providers. A typical day will involve facilitating learning, building new & innovating existing content, & designing a holistic learning strategy to drive sales performance. You will work closely with the Chief Customer Officer, as well as many other personnel at Updater to assure timely & effective training. This position will at times be required to interface with sales agents, operational managers, executives & will report directly to the Chief Customer Officer.
About the Role
- Provides consistent & engaging delivery of training & testing for front-line sales agents, supervisors, & managers
- Develops & maintains high quality content including presentation material, job aids & call flows
- Oversees training needs assessments & implements & innovates trainings based on these findings
- Facilitates train-the-trainer & train-the-leader sessions to ensure consistency in the delivery in training
- Evaluates, coaches, & certifies partner trainers
- Works with cross-functional team members to foster & promote a positive working climate which will be conducive to maximize productivity & effectiveness
- Empathy: you strive to put yourself in another persons shoes & start to think about the problem needing to be solved from their perspective
- Humility: you have an opinion, but arent afraid to be proven wrong, & are open to suggestions on what tool or technique is best to most efficiently solve a problem
- Strong Communication: you communicate complex ideas in simple, easy-to-understand language & build trust with stakeholders
- Comfort with Ambiguity: youre used to being asked open-ended questions & whittling them down to questions that can be answered by hard data
- 5+ years training experience in a sales center environment
- 5+ years of experience in training delivery & the application of adult learning techniques, preferably with a focus on skills development
- 3+ years in a management role
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education & experience
- Strong content development skills in Microsoft Office, G-Suite, Captivate, Articulate, or iSpring
- Ability to create & iterate training courses including identifying & tracking metrics
- Dynamic facilitation skills with a passion for training
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to meet & exceed deadlines
- Experience as a coach, helping to motivate & drive team towards results
- High level of initiative, attention to detail, & autonomous
- Confident suggesting ideas & implementing initiatives that just make sense
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV & internet, & much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily & relocation companies) rely on Updaters real estate products to save clients hours with a branded & personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $200 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors), & more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest-rated tech company on the list, & ranked #7 in 2018. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer & will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.