Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Corporate Paralegal to be an integral part of the corporate legal team. The ideal candidate will have experience in-house as a corporate paralegal & thrive in a fast-paced environment & enjoy working with multiple functional teams. You will embrace challenges & seek to solve problems without obvious solutions with good cheer. You should be comfortable working independently & owning projects from start to finish.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of working as a paralegal. They also have:
- 5+ years of total legal experience.
- Ability to work independently & effectively in a fast-moving environment.
- An eye to detail & organization; process-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal & communications skills.
- Corporate governance & public company experience.
- Notary certification, or willingness to become a Notary.
- Exceptional time management skills & ability to prioritize multiple projects across several functional departments.
- Courage to take initiative, address problems, & make continuous process improvements.
- Willing to work on a broad variety of legal & corporate matters
- Commitment to professionalism & personal growth & ability to scale & grow with an organization.
As a Corporate Paralegal, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Assist with the preparation of materials & minutes for meetings of our Board of Directors & its committees, including drafting written consents & maintaining corporate records.
- DRAW THE OWL: Provide support as needed for '34 Act filings, including 10Qs, 10Ks & proxy statements, & assist in organizing & overseeing annual stockholder meetings, as well as suggest & implement improvements to make the legal department more efficient.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Maintain the minute books & ensure completion of the annual filing requirements for Twilio & its subsidiaries & assist in audit & tax support, as required, as well as ad hoc projects as needed..
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Support Corporate department in all things related to corporate governance, & assist in due diligence & other corporate matters in connection with potential acquisitions & strategic financings.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment & discretion in evaluating opportunities, conducting due diligence, & negotiating agreement terms.
The Corporate Legal team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership & the Board of Directors in maintaining corporate records, drafting written consents, & providing support for '34 Act filings. This role is crucial to all things corporate governance & will help ensure discretion & appropriate judgement in opportunities.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.