Kabbage is setting a new standard in big data & FinTech, & we are looking for aSoftware Engineer, Applicationsto join our software team as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Kabbage is a leading FinTech company changing the way small businesses solve cash-flow challenges. Fully automated & deeply connected with its 185,000+ customers, Kabbage provides access to funding in minutes, extends more than $10 million every day to small businesses, & powers borrowing experiences for some of the largest companies in the world. While we've received numerous awards & recognitionsuch as Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Inc Magazine's Top Private Companies, Glassdoors Best Places to Work, & Forbes FinTech 50it is our people, our culture, & our leaders that make Kabbage such a great place to work.
At Kabbage, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, & do their best work. Our commitment to diversity & inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, & our customers. We are fully focused on equality & believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin & all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Develop features for Kabbage's core platform while exhibiting technical leadership in multiple areas including productivity, design, & quality.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with both internal stakeholders & customers alike working in all phases of development including requirements, coding, testing & post-deployment production support.
- Provide technical assistance & guidance to ensure the team is performant & operating efficiently while maintaining high quality & consistency.
- Lead by example & mentor developers in all aspects of planning, development & testing.
- Participate in comprehensive code reviews, estimation sessions, architectural designs & reviews & adhere to best practices.
- Be a catalyst for driving best-in-class technology frameworks & tooling.
What you should have:
- Excels at & enjoys front-end development at a SaaS or technology company.
- Strong experience in at least one modern front-end framework & can speak to its benefits (Angular, React, etc).
- Familiarity with writing unit & integration tests using jest, protractor, cypress.
- Exposure to any of the following backend languages & frameworks: C#, Java, WebApi, .Net Core, Python, SQL, gRPC & GraphQL
- Experience with leading cloud providers such as Amazon AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform & containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes & Terraform.
- Involvement with the entire development pipeline including build, deploy & DevOps strategies (CI/CD).
What we're looking for in you:
- High Standards: Expects personal performance & team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Initiative: Actively finds ways to make improvements at work.
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning: Able to see & communicate the big picture in an inspiring way; determines opportunities & threats through comprehensive analysis of current & future trends.
- Organization & Planning: Plans, organizes, & schedules in an efficient, productive manner; focuses on key priorities; manages time well.
- Work Ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard & sometimes long hours to get the job done; has a track record of working hard.
- Collaboration: Working well with a range of people from across the business
- Efficiency: Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, our people are awesome, so we built the Kabbage Advantageour way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, & exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, & onsite fitness classes.
While our perks & benefits are generous, the people are actually what make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, & resilient. We are enthusiastic, productive, & problem solvers. And we dont do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find low-key individuals who work hard to communicate effectively & work collaboratively.
Kabbage is an equal opportunity employer. At Kabbage we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating & separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.