What is Cat Person?
Cat Person is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) brand shaking up the $75B pet industry by bringing respect, love & innovation to a long overlooked & underserved category: cat care. We started Cat Person because we saw a real need: thoughtfully designed food & goods made just for cats & the people who love them.
Launched in March 2020, & born out of Harrys Labs, the innovation arm of Harry's, Cat Person offers a line of essentials to help cat parents better care for their cats, including food, treats, furniture & toys. A design-forward brand, we consider both the cats & the cat persons needs in everything we make & do. Its all part of our mission: to make life with cats even more awesome than it already is.
Though small, our vision is grand. We arent just here to revolutionize cat care for the millions of cat parents in the US; were redefining what it means to be a cat person in culture today. Every role at Cat Person plays a part in redefining cat persons for the modern era.
About the Role
This is a rare opportunity to be a major force in building the social community for an early stage brand. As the Social Media Manager, youll bring the brand to life across all Cat Person social media channels in one of the most fun categories thats perfectly suited for social.
The ideal candidate is first & foremost, passionate about cats. They are the first to know when a moment like the Zoom call with the Lawyer-cat happens or what is going on on cattok. They are a social media expert, ingrained in trends & culture, quick-witted & able to act on emerging conversations & cultural moments on behalf of the brand.
This role reports to the Director of Brand Marketing & will partner closely with Creative, Customer Experience, & Growth Marketing.
What you will accomplish:
- Own & operate Cat Persons organic social media including calendar management, community management, content, posting & reporting across all organic social media channels.
- Build Cat Persons organic social strategy that turns consumer insights & cultural trends into an actionable plan to drive engagement & growth with our audience as well as structure content focus & channels.
- Stay on top of culture to create content natively and/or brainstorm timely stories with Creative that drive attention for Cat Person & reinforce the brand POV.
- Cultivate relationships & engage the community across all social platforms responding to fans & proactively engaging in topical conversations & moments.
- Author consumer & culturally informed briefs to develop mini social campaigns on a monthly/quarterly basis with Creative.
- Identify social media channels ripe for community building with our audience & in cat culture formally present opportunities for growth & engagement.
- Partner with Creative & Marketing to ensure the brands tone & personality is consistent across all social captions & responses.
- Report on social media performance on a weekly & monthly basis to identify insights, establish & standardize KPIs & benchmarks.
This should describe you:
- 3+ years of proven social media experience in a brand, agency, editorial setting or other relevant experience at a fast-growing, early stage brand
- You are a cat person. Youre passionate about cats & actively create & interact with cat content, culture & the community in social or out in the world. (You may even have social accounts for your own cat).
- Youre a creator. You have experience creating social media content for brands. You know how to capture content natively within apps like Instagram & TikTok & are familiar with the specifications & nuances of social assets.
- You are able to spot trends & creatively think outside of the box to capitalize on them in line with the brand & our consumer audience.
- Expertise in growing social follower counts
- Extensive knowledge & understanding of social channels (Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, Giphy, etc.), consumer behavior & audience on each & how each platform can be used to foster engagement.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills & excels at cross-functional collaboration
- Proficiency with a range of Adobe Creative Suite products (Photoshop, Illustrator)
Here's who youll will work with:
Report to the Brand Director (Head of Brand Marketing)
About Cat Person
Cat Person is a new brand committed to strengthening the relationship between cats & cat persons by delivering cat care essentials - including food, treats & products - that are specially made for the unique needs of cats, & thoughtfully designed for their people. By putting modern feline lovers at the center of their research, design, & marketing processes, Cat Person is prioritizing the unmet needs of this fragmented, $75 billion pet market & flipping the script on the stereotype about cat owners. The company was founded by a small team of passionate cat people & launched in March 2020. Today, it is part of the Harry's family of brands.
Cat Person & Harrys are committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Cat Person is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Cat Persons commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.